Glock Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering applying for my FFL and Class III FFL. I've found a few study guides online. My questions is, those of you who have gotten your FFL, are there things I can do to make it easier to obtain, and do you have any tips? Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to eventually run my own store. Plus I just signed up for classes in gunsmithing. I just figured if I can keep it for a few years until I can open my shop, it'll be easier for me.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
It's really easy. Just fill out the paperwork, get your mugshots, get your prints done, have your local CLEO sign off on it, and mail it off.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Argyle_Armoring said:
It's really easy. Just fill out the paperwork, get your mugshots, get your prints done, have your local CLEO sign off on it, and mail it off.
What's the cost involved?

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Argyle_Armoring said:
What he said, the only way you can remotely help it go faster is make sure all the paperwork is filed out properly...

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I've read, it's $150 for the application fee, plus it's $55 for the study guides

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Ghost23 said:
From what I've read, it's $150 for the application fee, plus it's $55 for the study guides
That's it!! Hell I would do it just to have things shipped directly to me.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Book keeping, ATF can search any time, fees and fines, rules... There is a lot more to it than just the fee and application. Zoning laws also apply.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
blackwolffcf said:
Book keeping, ATF can search any time, fees and fines, rules... There is a lot more to it than just the fee and application. Zoning laws also apply.
As a contractor I deal with fees and taxes daily instead of ATF it's the IRS. I just want it to get stuff sent to me directly. Here to have something sent to a FFL it's roughly 100-150

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
glocknloaded said:
As a contractor I deal with fees and taxes daily instead of ATF it's the IRS. I just want it to get stuff sent to me directly. Here to have something sent to a FFL it's roughly 100-150
That's another reason why I want it. FFL transfers are the devil!

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
There are collector ffl's, dealer ffl's, manufacturer ffl's. Then the class three SOT is above and beyond that.

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
blackwolffcf said:
There are collector ffl's, dealer ffl's, manufacturer ffl's. Then the class three SOT is above and beyond that.
Probably just the collector and dealer ffl

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Ghost23 said:
Probably just the collector and dealer ffl
Let us know how it goes Ghost I may follow your lead and get a FFL myself.

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
blackwolffcf said:
Dealer is $200. You don't need a collector FFL if you have a dealer FFL. Dealer also works with gunsmithing.
Sweet, sounds like the one I need to go for

1 - 19 of 19 Posts