Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have problemd with my glock 33 round mags and feeding issues. If I have a flat nosed round, (147) or a hallow point, 4 or 5 rounds will jam "upward" on all my PCC. If I use any "cone shaped" round, no matter how heavy, (even 158 grain Fiocchi) I have no problems.
I have NEVER had a feeding issue with 124 and below with the 33 round mags.
I have NO problems with any ammo with my 17 round mags...never 1 misfeed and I have almost 20,000 through these PCCs.
Why the problem with the 33 round mags but not with the 17 round mags?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,740 Posts
Welcome aboard.
I’m going to venture a guess. Possibly spring tension is too high or low on the 33 in that particular PCC. I’m thinking the bolt is returning before the next round is presented properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome aboard.
I’m going to venture a guess. Possibly spring tension is too high or low on the 33 in that particular PCC. I’m thinking the bolt is returning before the next round is presented properly.
Welcome aboard.
Thanks for the feedback.
Currently I have multiple, (dozens) of 33rd mags, some with stiffer springs installed and some with the factory springs, all getting the same result. I really like to run 147 on my PCC and especially hallow points, but cannot do it with 33rd mags; only the 17 rounders will work

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Another factor to consider is ammunition performance in extreme temputures,most commercial producers try to account for this affect. That said extreme cold or heat doses affect ammunitions performance if you ever chronograph your loads in differing temps the numbers will prove it to you.

Going back to magazines,I have found for myself that in my 33 rounders that I use in the PCC,I every couple of years change springs and replace the OEM for Wolff + springs.

Reactions: Lucian_253

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have problemd with my glock 33 round mags and feeding issues. If I have a flat nosed round, (147) or a hallow point, 4 or 5 rounds will jam "upward" on all my PCC. If I use any "cone shaped" round, no matter how heavy, (even 158 grain Fiocchi) I have no problems.
I have NEVER had a feeding issue with 124 and below with the 33 round mags.
I have NO problems with any ammo with my 17 round mags...never 1 misfeed and I have almost 20,000 through these PCCs.
Why the problem with the 33 round mags but not with the 17 round mags?
Have you tried ETS 31 rd mags or any others? If so, same feeding issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a large number of the glock 33rd mags and would like to determine the design issue that may be creating the feeding issue. As I have invested a significant amount of money into these mags, I would like to explore the option of correcting the problem before investing in addditional mags which may present the same issue

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Unless there is a problem with the magazine tube/body,it usually is spring or follower related.
If I'm not mistaken in 9 mm not including the 10 rounders,Glock has 9 different follower revisions, that they have made to improve feeding.
When I replace my 33 rd. magazine springs I always opt for Wolffe + as replacements

Keep you magazines clean as this is often overlooked and can attribute to problems.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have had the same issue with my PSA 9mm Glock style-lower not feeding hollow point ammunition. FMJ ammo runs perfectly. It seems to happen regardless of grain and more just the tip on the ammo I'm using. I've read up on it some and sounds like it had to with the length between the back of the barrel and the front of the magazine. I have ordered this lower feed ramp and have heard great things about it (great reviews). I really don't want to "alter" my gun if I don't have to. But I don't have great confidence in loading it with my PD ammo right now and I live in an apartment so I will not put FMJ ammo in it. So I will need to use my Glock19 only and that's fine, but would also like to have my AR 9 available for home defense. Has anybody installed something like this and if so, did it work and what are your thoughts? For the more experienced people on here: do you see any negatives with installing something like this?

Glock Lower Feedramp
taccom-glock-feed-ramp.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts