Feedback on glock made in USA

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by vincecai12, Feb 7, 2012.

1. vincecai12

vincecai12 New Member

We only got glock made in USA here any issues compared to made in Austria?

2. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Last time I checked, Glocks are not made in the USA, they are imported and distributed.
    If you notice on the side of your Glock or a picture of a Glock, it says:
    "Made in Austria"

Glock does make a fair number of variants for other countries' requirements. I think the reliability is the same throughout.

3. They are not made here. All the parts are manufactured in Austria and the guns are ASSEMBLED in Smyrna, GA.

4. vincecai12

vincecai12 New Member

Sorry to correct you sir we have glock here for sale by the authorized dealer and has engravings of made in USA instead of made in austria all of them are brand new

5. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

6. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

no tennifer, BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

7. vincecai12

vincecai12 New Member

Thank you sir! Im a little bit hesitant to get one made in USA.all the models are available including the rtf2 on 17.
    are the aftermarket parts are interchangeable with the glocks made in usa n austria? And of course the performance

8. vincecai12

vincecai12 New Member

Sir whats tennifer?

9. bhale187

tennifer is the 'brand name' of the finish Glock uses. It's a nitride finish that increases the hardness of the steel and it a big part of what makes a Glock so bullet proof exterior.

10. vincecai12

vincecai12 New Member

Ok thanks so thats 1 of the differences between the 2 glocks?

11. bhale187

I don't know that for fact, but based on the picture and the description in that link above, it would seem the USA Glocks don't have it. That's a HUGE turnoff for me.

12. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

I would think that all tje after market parts would work on either an Austrian made Glock or a USA made Glock. A Glock is a Glock.

13. vincecai12

vincecai12 New Member

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about it! I'll try to wait for the glock made in austria to arrive. Hopefully soon

14. vincecai12

vincecai12 New Member

Noted thanks

15. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

The thread linked is incorrect.

Tennifer is not a "finish", it's a hardening process that the metal is put through. It's also called Melonite (S&W) or just plain old Ferritic nitrocarburizing. Tennifer and Melonite are brand names for the process, but there are many ways to do it. Google is your friend, if you want to understand it.

Don't believe for a minute that there is any quality difference between what's made here and what's made in Austria.

I know the general manager and I'm friends with the former facilities manager, so I heard a lot about it when it started up, including all of the issues. Glock took a LONG time in getting set up for full production, building out the manufacturing space, bringing in multiple high voltage drops, getting converters for the machinery to run on U.S. electric power, bringing the equipment over from Europe, bringing people over from Europe, etc, etc. This process started in late 2009 or early 2010 (I can't remember now...2009 & 10 are one big blur for me) and was a huge pain in the butt for everyone there.

I can't believe it actually stayed secret, or at least no one gave it any credence, until now. That truly amazes me. There have been so many times that I've read posts and could've broken the news, but chose not to...not because they asked, but just because I figured when they were ready for it to be public, it would be public.

16. This is nothing new. You guys did notice the dates on that thread......correct?

17. bhale187

Yes I realize it's not a finish, its just alot easier to describe it as a finish than it is to explain the chemical process that is involved. :p

18. vincecai12

vincecai12 New Member

Very well said sir il weigh my options

19. favbal

favbal New Member

Read the 2008 article but does anyone know if they started doing the tennifer finish on the ones made here in the USA since then? I understand that in order to scratch the inside of the barrel you need diamond grade tools and shooting a few thousand rounds only shows wear as if you shot a few hundred rounds. At least that is what I read when Glock introduced their guns here.

20. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Well I stand corrected. I had never heard of or seen them before. I guess I need to get out more...:eek:

Learn something every day.