FedEx opposes gun bill in TN

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by SquadCapt4, Apr 5, 2012.

1. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

http://www.wmctv.com/story/17106680...uns-in-parking-lots-bill?clienttype=printable

This is an article about a TN State Bill to allow gun owners to keep their guns locked in their vehicles at work. FedEx was one of the big name business' that spoke out against our ability to protect ourselves. Last word, this bill will probably stall in the Senate, thanks in no small part to FedEx. I can't express how angry I am that big money once again trumps my right and ability to protect myself. I have sent an email to FedEx telling them as much.

I, for one, will be using UPS from here on out. I urge all our vendors and other gun owning business men and women to do the same. And to flood FedEx with emails letting them know exactly how badly they have screwed up. They won't miss my little chump change.....but several hundred angry customers might make them take notice.

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I like using ups anyway...smh

3. Lovethyglock

Lovethyglock New Member

Any idea about a link to send them an email. I would live to send them an email letting them know how I feel. If half of us on this forum would do that we might start to get there attention. I do prefer ups though. What does everyone think. Let's do it. Power with numbers

4. Lovethyglock

Lovethyglock New Member

Love not live. Damn auto correct

5. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

http://www.fedex.com/us/customersupport/email/index.html

This is the only link I could find for FedEx email. They do not have an address for complaints that I can find. I emailed to the "Package, Envelope or Express Freight" section and asked they forward my letter to the appropriate person. Of course, I didn't receive a reply from anyone.

6. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

I can't stand FedEx service around here. UPS is great, though. I'm on a first-name basis with my UPS guy.

7. cvitter

cvitter New Member

So, just to play devil's advocate on this one, and not to specifically support FedEx's lobbying...

I think that this is a property rights issue as much as a gun rights issue. I, or anyone else, as private property owners, should be allowed to determine who or what is on my property. The state should not be in a position to tell me that I have to let people do x, y, or z when they are on my property.

Thoughts?

8. DevilDawg235

DevilDawg235 New Member

Lmaooooo :)

9. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

:D ive always had faster service with ups...

10. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

I understand what you're saying, cvitter. But my stance is, individual property rights should not stand in MY way of being able to defend myself. This Bill is about being able to protect oneself during commute to and from work. The only way to do that is to allow the gun owner to store the weapon in his/her locked car while at work. The bill does not infringe on property owner's ability to maintain a so-called gun free zone. CCW cannot carry the weapon on their person if the property owner so orders. Merely lock it in their vehicle. MY protection is my foremost concern. And I deplore anyone who interferes with that ability. And that is exactly what FedEx, et.al., have done. So who am I to turn to when I am threatened and defenseless during my commute? FedEx and these other big money companies don't give a spit about my personal safety.....esp. if it means they have to spend some of their money to provide that protection. That fact has been proven time and time again.

11. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

Aaaaaand another thing....LOL. I teach EMS at a community college where I live. Over the years, I have had to dismiss some questionable students from EMT courses. The type of individual that you really worry about retaliation. The only reason I bring this up is, there are several unfortunate examples out there where we are not nearly as safe on campus as our liberal college presidents and deans try to spin from their Ivory Towers. And that is another group that has raised opposition to this bill. But I do understand you're playing devil advocate so please don't take my comments as a diss!!! :)

12. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

As long as the firearm stays in the Vehicle they have no legitimate Property rights issues! IMHO!

13. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Argh! I hate FedEx anyway!

In 2002, I purchased online a computer power supply unit from an outfit in City of Industry, CA, and paid Fedex Rush shipping (2-day business). As I tracked the package, it went to San Diego, then San Francisco, then Honolulu, Hawaii, then back to San Francisco, then Sacramento, before going to Reno, NV.

I was so incensed that I hammered the customer service number with angry comments and complaints. It was in Sac over a weekend ("business" does not deliver on weekends). When I finally got to talk to a regional manager, I told her (on the phone: "It is because of incidents like these that people really enjoy watching the first half of the Tom Hanks moview Castaway"). I think I got their attention, because Saturday morning a FedEx employee came to my house to hand-deliver the item.

Meanwhile, the place I purchased the item from received complaints from me as well. At first, they said it was not their fault by FedEx's, but when they learned that the item actuall went to HAWAII, they sent me (via UPS Overnight) another power supply unit, told me to keep the other unit if it ever shows up, and thanked me for my business. I still buy stuff from them. All told, with all the communications and delays, the overnighted item arrived 5 days after my first order, the item shipped by FedEx took 11 days to get to my door.

And that is why I hate FedEx, and love the movie Castaway!

My views and opinions do not necessarily reflect those of Glock Forum, its management, its owners or affiliates.

14. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

Same here.

The only time I use Fedex is when I'm ordering something that I can only get from a certain place, and that place offers either USPS or Fedex.

Fedex makes a decent amount of money from gun owners who have to ship their guns overnight to manufacturers. I'm surprised they'd step on their customers' toes like this.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  15. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

That's exactly why I'm asking gun owners to flood their office with emails telling them how they don't realize how badly they have screwed up on this matter. Like you, if I have a choice between receiving an item by FedEx or snail mail, I'll pick the good ol' USPS now, every time.

16. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

Happy, that power supply unit has seen more exotic locations than I could ever hope to see!! I love the Castaway reference. Truly cold hearted. LMAO

17. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@SquadCapt4:

Yeah, you could almost hear her (the regional manager I was talking to) gasp when I said that over the phone! It was worth it.

Uh...wouldn't consider San Diego, San Francisco, Sacramento, or Reno (sheesh, is this an "O"-rule with city names!) as exotic...Hawaii, yep, definitely!

18. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

And I still hate FedEx

19. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Wth......fedex is behaving this way but that is the delivery service that Glock uses to have firearms shipped back to them for warranty/repair??

Just sent mine in a couple of days ago.......smh....

20. cvitter

cvitter New Member

I understand why people feel this way but legally, the point is that you do not have to be there. You can work elsewhere, shop elsewhere, etc. I am a strong proponent of 2nd amendment rights (obviously since I am here and have more than one Glock and a CCW) but I don't believe that my right to own and carry trumps someone's right to tell me no to carry on to their privately owned property. There was a big battle over this issue here in VA and private property won out. I think that was the right decision.

I am sure that many people still just lock up their guns in the car and keep mum about it.