Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The HST's based on my research are arguably one of the best 9mm defensive rounds there are.

The HST's are almost impossible to find around here so I've been looking online at tons of places and keep backing out because of ridiculous shipping prices. Well today I finally stumbled on a place that kicks butt IMO. SGAmmo.com has sick pricing on a lot of defensive ammo I looked at. The 147gr HST's were only $25.95 per box of 50. You can't beat that price on 50 premium defense rounds.

So I ordered 2 boxes that only cost $12 to ship. I even had 3 boxes in my cart at one time and shipping was the same.

Even if HST's aren't your thing I did notice that Speer Gold Dots were the same price. Around here Gold Dots at the LGS's run $22-25 per box of 20.

SGAmmo may be worth your time to check out for saving some bucks on premium defense ammo.

http://www.sgammo.com/

:cool:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNRqrJRq4T0&feature=BFa&list=PL727CAFF8A6C0D3BF[/ame]

·
1,612 Posts
Yeah, I had the 230gr HST's in my cart at SGAmmo, but decided to check the local gun show. Found them there for the same price. I paid $7.00 to get in the door, so it worked out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mike P said:
The HST's based on my research are arguably one of the best 9mm defensive rounds there are.

The HST's are almost impossible to find around here so I've been looking online at tons of places and keep backing out because of ridiculous shipping prices. Well today I finally stumbled on a place that kicks butt IMO. SGAmmo.com has sick pricing on a lot of defensive ammo I looked at. The 147gr HST's were only $25.95 per box of 50. You can't beat that price on 50 premium defense rounds.

So I ordered 2 boxes that only cost $12 to ship. I even had 3 boxes in my cart at one time and shipping was the same.

Even if HST's aren't your thing I did notice that Speer Gold Dots were the same price. Around here Gold Dots at the LGS's run $22-25 per box of 20.

SGAmmo may be worth your time to check out for saving some bucks on premium defense ammo.

http://www.sgammo.com/

:cool:

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNRqrJRq4T0&feature=BFa&list=PL727CAFF8A6C0D3BF
What's an hst?

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I had the 230gr HST's in my cart at SGAmmo, but decided to check the local gun show. Found them there for the same price. I paid $7.00 to get in the door, so it worked out.
Yeah, The next show here isn't for a couple of weeks. Normally $10 entrance fee and I couldn't wait. I'm impatient at times.

So two boxes of 50 shipped for $63.90 isn't bad. :cool:

·
Heart Of Dixie
589 Posts
I've been buying all of my ammo from SGAMMO.com for the past
2 years. They are an up & up company. I make it a practice to
check them every 2 or 3 days because they have sales all the
time.

The Federal HST's are top notch.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been buying all of my ammo from SGAMMO.com for the past
2 years. They are an up & up company. I make it a practice to
check them every 2 or 3 days because they have sales all the
time.

The Federal HST's are top notch.
Well then my thread is an FYI to those that never heard of SGAmmo.;):D

They are now my number one defensive ammo supplier when gun shows aren't around.

How is their shipping? Quick?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Mike P said:

They are now my number one defensive ammo supplier when gun shows aren't around.

Yes, their shipping is quick. The nice thing about them is that if they don't have it, you can't order it!! They are all I use anymore, and have never been let down. Like what has been said before, they kill everyone on their shipping prices!!

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Thanks for the post! I agree, these are probably some of the best rounds, especially for 9mm!

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
www.sgammo.com has great prices and he's in Stillwater, OK. That's only 45 minutes from my house. That bad thing for me though is the sales tax plus shipping. You can't pick up from him locally so it has to be shipped.

·
Heart Of Dixie
589 Posts

Mike:
Their shipping is very quick and the cost is very reasonable. I have
bought a ton of ammo from them.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I meant to update this earlier but got side tracked. I placed the order yesterday afternoon and had a tracking number by 9:30am this morning. Considering I ordered on a Thursday night, expected delivery date is Tuesday.....not bad. I reminded myself today of local LGS pricing on premium defense loads when I stopped in on the way home from work to hang out. Example, a box of Critical Duty 25 rounds was priced at $26.99.:eek:

Ummmm, I got a box of 50 HST's that are a better bullet IMO for the same pricing. I would like to support my local LGS's but at those prices it just isn't happening.{not on defense loads anyway}

1 - 16 of 16 Posts