FDE Frames

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by 762X51, May 19, 2012.

1. 762X51

762X51 New Member

Is anyone selling FDE bare frames?

2. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

i was thinking that myself...

3. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I haven't seen any, though I've seen several Gen3 & Gen4 bare frames, and I doubt we ever will. The production numbers being what they are, it's unlikely there will be many or any extras, though I suppose they will necessarily have to keep a few for warranty issues. I can't imagine why anyone would buy a FDE gun and then take it apart and sell the frame. I don't remember ever seeing OD frames for sale either and there were a lot more of those.

4. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

With 50,000 sold in about 2 days, I doubt anyone is going to pull them apart quite yet. It should be a year or two before the 'spares' show up for sale.

That is my guess.

5. Nope. Just like OD you have two options:

Find one and buy it.

Convert a normal Glock into one.

I charge $80 plus return shipping to coat in FDE and OD Green.

6. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Thinking bout sending mine in to you, when I get the "fun" money for it…
    Would like to have the frame FDE and the slide black, but i don't want to loose my purdy engraving under the duracoat…

7. yea that is a tricky thing. Basically if it is a very thin engraving the DC will somewhat fill it in. Talented people like me run a custom mix of DC that will lay much thinner without loosing integrity. Then you clear in double coat.

Deep engravings are typically not affected.

8. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

its a pretty thin engraving… like barely touched by the bit… i am afraid to scratch it. Nail polish covers it right up.

9. Yea you will probably loose it. I can probably cut it deeper prior to paint, but i won't know until it is in my hand.

10. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Might just but another Glock (or two) to send in… Got two color schemes i mind...

11. SpecialsTek7467

SpecialsTek7467 New Member

Glockmeister still has two guns in the FDE frame. I was there this past Wed n saw them on display even though the website doesn't show them. I do not remember what exact models they were but a quick call would help resolve that detail. They're prices are not out of this world so anyone still has they FDE itch, should give them a try! Just my .02 - M.T.F.

12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum SpecialsTek7467 !!

please post an introduction in the Introduction subforum on the main index page...

13. The problem is once you do one, six months later you want to change it! I don't know how many times my Boker (knife) has been painted, but it's a lot.

14. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

That's why you but a new glock for each different paint job... This is starting to sound very expensive......

15. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Love the new avatar btw...

Got an idea fur a zombie gun but I haven't seen your new pattern yet...

16. I havent had time to lay it. Probably wont for a while yet. It looks killer in my head.

17. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

They actually didn't sell them all. Lipsey's is expecting round 2 in September, or so they told my FFL. Price for round 2 is TBA when they receive them.

18. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Yeah, I know. Mine is on order since I didn't get one the first round (or so my FFL is telling me). I am anxiously awaiting Sept when they show up.

19. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

What business could look at those number's, and NOT continue them! I think thats crazy! I say that because I'm a FDE junkie, and I want one!!!!