Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I haven't seen any, though I've seen several Gen3 & Gen4 bare frames, and I doubt we ever will. The production numbers being what they are, it's unlikely there will be many or any extras, though I suppose they will necessarily have to keep a few for warranty issues. I can't imagine why anyone would buy a FDE gun and then take it apart and sell the frame. I don't remember ever seeing OD frames for sale either and there were a lot more of those.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
With 50,000 sold in about 2 days, I doubt anyone is going to pull them apart quite yet. It should be a year or two before the 'spares' show up for sale.

That is my guess.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Thinking bout sending mine in to you, when I get the "fun" money for it…
Would like to have the frame FDE and the slide black, but i don't want to loose my purdy engraving under the duracoat…

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
yea that is a tricky thing. Basically if it is a very thin engraving the DC will somewhat fill it in. Talented people like me run a custom mix of DC that will lay much thinner without loosing integrity. Then you clear in double coat.

Deep engravings are typically not affected.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
its a pretty thin engraving… like barely touched by the bit… i am afraid to scratch it. Nail polish covers it right up.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Yea you will probably loose it. I can probably cut it deeper prior to paint, but i won't know until it is in my hand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glockmeister still has two guns in the FDE frame. I was there this past Wed n saw them on display even though the website doesn't show them. I do not remember what exact models they were but a quick call would help resolve that detail. They're prices are not out of this world so anyone still has they FDE itch, should give them a try! Just my .02 - M.T.F.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum SpecialsTek7467 !!

please post an introduction in the Introduction subforum on the main index page...

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
blackwolffcf said:
Love the new avatar btw...

Got an idea fur a zombie gun but I haven't seen your new pattern yet...
I havent had time to lay it. Probably wont for a while yet. It looks killer in my head.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
With 50,000 sold in about 2 days, I doubt anyone is going to pull them apart quite yet. It should be a year or two before the 'spares' show up for sale.

That is my guess.
They actually didn't sell them all. Lipsey's is expecting round 2 in September, or so they told my FFL. Price for round 2 is TBA when they receive them.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Yeah, I know. Mine is on order since I didn't get one the first round (or so my FFL is telling me). I am anxiously awaiting Sept when they show up.

·
Registered
254 Posts

That is my guess.

What business could look at those number's, and NOT continue them! I think thats crazy! I say that because I'm a FDE junkie, and I want one!!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts