Glock Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favorite brand of ammo and why? Not necessarily caliber, but your favorite range and person defense ammo.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,133 Posts
RWS has been in the game a loooong time...!! Sportman's Guide and Cabela's carry it.

I prefer the Hornady Critical Defense myself ( 185 grain FTX @ 1000fps {muzzle} ) ...it hits POA/POI in .45acp with my Glock 30SF.

That's all I ask of my self-defense ammo...

Unaffected by thick and heavy clothing, including denim and leather.
Patented FTX bullet delivers superior controlled expansion and large, deep wound cavities over a wide range of velocities.
Clean burning and stable propellants reduce recoil in lightweight handguns, and perform consistently in all temperatures.
Minimal muzzle flash protects night vision.
Feeds reliably in all pistols.
Shiny silver nickel plating prevents corrosion, and is easily visible in low light situations.
Bullets are cannelured and crimped to avoid bullet setback. ( when you rechamber the same round a few times )
Bullets are custom designed for individual loads.



As far as range ammo...I usually buy bulk at the gun shows, so it could be UMC, Remington, American Eagle, Magtech, etc...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
For SD I prefer Hornady Critical defence or Custom. For Range use I like the Atlanta Arms ammo, great price, very consistant, and not a dirty range load. For rifle, I prefer Federal Premium Ballistic tips.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SHOOTER13 said:
RWS has been in the game a loooong time...!! Sportman's Guide and Cabela's carry it.

I prefer the Hornady Critical Defense myself ( 185 grain FTX @ 1000fps {muzzle} ) ...it hits POA/POI in .45acp with my Glock 30SF.

That's all I ask of my self-defense ammo...

Unaffected by thick and heavy clothing, including denim and leather.
Patented FTX bullet delivers superior controlled expansion and large, deep wound cavities over a wide range of velocities.
Clean burning and stable propellants reduce recoil in lightweight handguns, and perform consistently in all temperatures.
Minimal muzzle flash protects night vision.
Feeds reliably in all pistols.
Shiny silver nickel plating prevents corrosion, and is easily visible in low light situations.
Bullets are cannelured and crimped to avoid bullet setback. ( when you rechamber the same round a few times )
Bullets are custom designed for individual loads.
I used Hornady in my XDm .45, I loved it. My favorite lately has been Buffalo Bore. Their 9mm +P+ packs a punch. I shot it out of my buddy's SR9c yesterday. Im still curious how their 200gr. .45+P loads do. Ive heard good things about it, but I traded my XDm for my G29 before I learned of BB
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Birddogyz said:
For SD I prefer Hornady Critical defence or Custom. For Range use I like the Atlanta Arms ammo, great price, very consistant, and not a dirty range load. For rifle, I prefer Federal Premium Ballistic tips.
I use Atlanta Arms at my local range. It bums me out you cant buy from the factory, and you gotta deal with the mark-up that the range puts on.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
I use Atlanta Arms at my local range. It bums me out you cant buy from the factory, and you gotta deal with the mark-up that the range puts on.
What range do you go to? The range I go to sells it at a good price plus being a member I get an extra 10% off. The price is cheaper than getting it online from Georgia Ammo,
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Birddogyz said:
What range do you go to? The range I go to sells it at a good price plus being a member I get an extra 10% off. The price is cheaper than getting it online from Georgia Ammo,
I can buy Atlanta Arms from the range, but online you cant buy their products. I go to a range in Greenville, SC. And Georgia Arms sells their 10mm for around $21, whereas Atlanta Arms, after the dealer mark-up, sells it for $22.50 for the same projectile and grain weight.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top