Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I always wanted to see a Glock with some wood on it. I'm sure this is heresy to some. :D

It is 3M Di-Noc Wood Grain Vinyl Wrap found on eBay for 7 bucks. It took 3 weeks to arrive. :( But it don't look half bad IMO. :)

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I don't much like mahogany grain, but that looks awesome. I might have to give that a shot with some cherry walnut or cocobolo

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It wasn't tough to do. Just have steady hands and patience. I cleaned the surface, cut a rectangle about the right size, peeled and stuck it and worked it on with pressure from my fingers and a cloth. I hit it with a heat gun very briefly and that helps contour to the curves and texture. I used my thumb nail to make it flush and I then cut it with an xacto knife. I then wrapped it in a plastic bag and wrapped that in duct tape and I am leaving it on for the night. BTW, this stuff does not make bubbles. It has microscopic holes, to prevent that, which is very handy.

I'll post a pic of the other side tomorrow after I remove the tape. The vinyl was easily contoured around the glock logo on the grip which still looks nice and with some manipulation it shows all the lettering.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Definitely a different look to the Glock once that's applied. I saw the Glock Store catalog had a sidewinder (I think it was) model and they dip the gun in a special coating to get that custom look. Wonder what other interesting styles or looks people have done in the past or would do. Carbon fiber, sand color, etc.

Something else I like about this forum is the politeness of the members. Even if it's not something you like or would do, you are respectful to the poster. I posted a question on an unrelated forum after searching for the answer with no luck. After the 3rd post or so, you get the dude with e attitude saying this topic has been beaten to death and I should search for my answer. Then his buddy chimes in saying thank you. I'm thinking why not just avoid even posting a reply if you are going to tear the guy down over his question. But I don't see that with all of you. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
I'm with bhale... Not much of a fan of the mahogany but I do like a lighter wood grain....

People need to relax, different strokes for different folks, some will and some won't like it... Your 1911 lovers could go either way with this one

I don't think it cheapens it like one person said, just adds another look and aspect that you're not used to is all... You did good work with this wrap and could find yourself adding it to other members slides later on as a little hobby or extra pocket cash... Either way it's all good and you are talented :)

·
Banned
258 Posts
I agree, great job! I'll admit, when I first saw the thread I thought it was a horrible idea, but you pulled it off great.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
So I always wanted to see a Glock with some wood on it. I'm sure this is heresy to some. :D

It is 3M Di-Noc Wood Grain Vinyl Wrap found on eBay for 7 bucks. It took 3 weeks to arrive. :( But it don't look half bad IMO. :)
So is this a "Woody's" Glock? (Like the old cars) OK Probably wasn't funny:eek: but hey I tried!:rolleyes:
It does look Good IMHO! Good Job!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I wonder if there are molds for actual wood?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I believe they said something similar like that about plastic and guns 25 years ago or so. :D It's all good though. I love it. Its fulfilling a little perversion I've had. But in the end its just more plastic. :)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts