Failzero?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by TouchMyGlock, Jan 23, 2012.

1. TouchMyGlock

TouchMyGlock New Member

So supposedly if you do this to your gun, you don't have to clean or oil it anymore. Anyone had any experience with this product? Do you think it's worth it/it will work? Or should I just stick to oiling and cleaning my gun like normal?

Here is the link...
    http://www.failzero.com/

2. G18

G18 New Member

Hey man I would just stick to oiling like usual

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

My 2 cents...

Yea...I'll stick with the tried and true method.

4. TouchMyGlock

TouchMyGlock New Member

Yea that's what I thought too lol, I don't mind taking apart and cleaning my gun anyways. Was just wondering if it worked the way it's supposed to though...

5. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

Glocks require so little maintenance that I'll also stick with regular gun oil. Not only that, but it also gives me the chance to fondle it and play with it some.

Right, like you don't? *wink*

6. BigDogg795

BigDogg795 New Member

I have the WMD version (same process, the people who helped create the EXO/Fail Zero coating started their own company). I still lubricate sparingly...I bought it mainly for the different appearance. I dig the two tone look.

7. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I've read about it and heard good things. The technology is solid. It eliminates the need to lubricate but it does not eliminate the need to clean. It also isn't applied to the entire gun, but only certain parts. The stuff is Mil-Spec The are other similar coatings. My only issue with it is that it's relatively new. I'm sure they've tested the hell out of it, but I've also seen things that have met or exceeded manufacturer testing fail in the field on a regular basis, with no reliable cause being found. I used to work for a manufacturer, dealing heavily with quality and warranty issues. The one thing I learned is that no matter how much we test things, no matter how well our technology was proven out, there's always either something or someone that can make it fail. Most of the time these failures can be identified and overcome. Sometimes they can't be identified, so you have to overcome them via guesswork. When it's been out for a while longer and I have need or desire to recoat a gun, I might look into it.

8. TouchMyGlock

TouchMyGlock New Member

I also like the 2-tone look. I'm considering doing this to my gun but I'm really having trouble deciding whether to or not. After all, it's not going to hurt the gun any.... Right?