Glock Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my open comp G17 out to the range today to chronograph my ammo. I shot 10 rounds of 125 grain fmj 8.2grains of HS6 Oal 1.135 and had three failures to fire. I then took 10 rounds of 125 grain fmj 8.0grains of HS6 Oal 1.135 and had four failure to fire and had three failure to fire with 7.8 grains of HS6. I am trying to get 9MM major power factor of 170 or better. I am using new Winchester small pistol primers. Upon checking the unfired rounds, they all had powder in them. they had full hits on the primers. My 9mm minor loads of 6.4 grains of HS6 Oal of 1.135 had no problems at all. Any ideas of what happened?

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
failure to fire

My Glock is brand new and it has the titanimum firing pin assembly which I understand may be the problem. The brass was deprimed and primer holes cleaned by Precision Bullets. I had no problem in seating the primers. Each round was primed then inspected to see if the primer seated ok, then the powder was dropped and checked (I admit that there were several different case manfactures shells used and their overall height changed but I kept the same powder drop and COAL.) I case gauge checked each round before going to the range.

I am trying to get a USPSA powder Factor of 170, in this case, my 124 grain FMJ bullet needs to attain a velocity of 1371 feet per second or greater. This is for 9mm Major.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.