Fail zero for glock

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by glockguy13, Mar 10, 2012.

1. glockguy13

glockguy13 New Member

Has anybody heard of fail zero for glock? I know a lot of glock owners that have never heard of it. I have it on my gun I think it's great

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Well...please explain what it is to those uninformed...!!

Thanks...

3. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Please tell us all about it v

4. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

How much does this dry lube treatment cost?

5. glockguy13

glockguy13 New Member

Sure. Well fail zero is a company my brother works for that coats glocks. They coat the slide and the metal internals inside that have a lot of friction during use. It is a coating that always stays on never wears. When you have it u never have to oil or grease anything and it keeps it from heating up like they do. It was for military only at one time if I'm not mistaking. They have shot thousands of rounds through glocks that are coated and had no misfires and was still very clean. The powder and carbon dosent build up and stick to the coating.

6. glockguy13

glockguy13 New Member

http://www.failzero.com/
    That's the website with more info for you that are interested. Not sure how well i explained it

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Was just at the website...Glock owners who want price quotes

must email or call the number on the home page.

8. glockguy13

glockguy13 New Member

Yeah I wasn't sure about price. My brother works there do I got hooked up by him. I think it's great stuff. Ads really good value to your gun

9. glockguy13

glockguy13 New Member

What did you think about it from what you read?

10. glockguy13

glockguy13 New Member

If anybody has any opinions or more info on fail zero please let me know. I like to learn all I can

11. Exo is nothing new

12. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

They seem to have plenty of product reviews on their site.

I would question how they work out replacement parts on a fiream tho. After having a slide done say, an extractor breaks. I suppose I now have have to have them coat the new extractor (or all my spares beforehand).

Why is this a concern? Because you'll get used to NOT LUBRICATING your firearm and then something breaks. Most people will just replace the broken part and expect the gun to run as it always has, forgetting they had a special coating applied several years ago.

With that said, I was maybe reccommend only doing new guns, then you know you're not wasting money on a old part that might be failing anyway.

Might have your brother talk to the higher ups and see if they would like to advertise at cost here on GLOCK FORUM.

13. BORIS

BORIS New Member

I have never lubed any glock I have ever owned. That goes back to 1989. All my glocks have ever worn is the factory finish. Replacing a small part would not matter, the slide still has the treatment so you dont have to lube it. The new extractor will just slip and slide on the zeroed finish slide......