Factory OD Glock Magazines

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by KeenansGarage, Jan 7, 2012.

1. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I know it sounds crazy, but somewhere I saw where someone had what they claimed to be factory OD Glock magazines. I am not talking Duracoated or Cerakoted magazines, but Glock OD plastic colored magazines.

So I have to ask, does anyone have some of these magazines? Where did you get them if you do and do you have any pictures?

2. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I've never seen anything other than black and orange. If someone claimed they were OEM, unless it was some prototype, I call BS.

3. KeenansGarage

I am not convinced, but I saw a picture of them. They matched fairly well, so I wanted to see if anyone else had seen/heard/held any. Just seeing a picture does not prove their existence. That is why I am asking here.

4. KeenansGarage

I was able to find a picture again...what do ya'll think? I have only seen these same pictures from this same guy in IN. I have never seen ANYONE else talk about them. This is NOT my picture, I found this one the internet.
    [​IMG]

5. KeenansGarage

It seems that this one guy is the only person to openly have them. I was hoping they were a bit more common. Oh well! Thanks for the links Support Gunner.

6. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Even with that picture, there's nothing to say they aren't just painted. The sticker being on there is meaningless; they can be transplanted easily enough and it's not exactly pristine.

7. With an air brush and taking you time I couldn't see why you couldn't pant your mags but then again I don't know. Never had the urge to paint mine :p.

8. G1D

G1D New Member

There is no such OEM OD mags. They never made them. If i were you, I'd get Caleb w/BunkerHill to just Duracote u some. Price would be pretty good from those guys and the work is outstanding. They did my "ArmyMan Green" Model 22 mags and all.

9. KeenansGarage

Hey G1D! Yeah, If I ever get a Glock that is not a 9mm, I am planning on having him do a few for me! That way in a crisis I can tell the difference. Caleb does do great work! He has a good deal on some gen 2 19s, but I am holding out for a gen 3.

10. G1D

G1D New Member

@kg, I might need to call him up for a Gen2.

11. bear5150

bear5150 New Member

od green magazines

i also call BS been around glocks for a long time seen black and orange thats all

12. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

They're real, they were made for some LE contract and the overrun got put onto the civilian market.

13. KeenansGarage

Do you have any pics or other information about this? Additional info seems to be scarce on the info-net.

14. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Additional info seems to be non-existent. Personally, unless I see something conclusive, I will remain extremely skeptical.

15. CJKOLCUN

CJKOLCUN New Member

I would love to know if they are true and if I could get my hands on some.

16. THEGLOCKBROTHERS

THEGLOCKBROTHERS New Member

I set up at the Indy 1500 Gun Show in Indianapolis. I had a customer that had 8 GLOCK OEM OD mags for a G17. They were the real deal. Floor plates had the proper Logo and part number,mag body had all the correct markings. He acquired them along with a G17 from a man that lived in GA. Unfortunately they were not for sale.

17. KeenansGarage

I think he is the only one around. The guy that I found online that had pictures lives/lived in IN. As mentioned a lot in this thread...that guy seems to be the ONLY one who has them or has proof of them. If I had them, I wouldn't sell them either. I don't think anyone on this forum would sell them if they are the real deal!

18. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

i need OD mags! that would be sick.