Facebook

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ckuenzer331, Apr 17, 2012.

1. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 Member

Figured I'd throw this out there... Since this is 2012, how many of you have Facebook pages, Twitter accounts or LinkedIn accounts?

2. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

Facebook... ironically, The Glock Forum used my avatar yesterday on Facebook in a thread about night sights. My five minutes of anonymous 'fame'

3. PeacefulWarrior

Actually, my G19's five minutes of fame!

4. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

facebook , but never heard of LinkedIn

5. I don't do any of that "social network" stuff and I wont start any time soon.:)

6. facebook but honestly i think it's pretty gay.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Nada...zero...zilch...no way !!

But, thanks for asking ! :rolleyes:

8. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Ditto. I mainly stay on for army buddies I served with and to satify the addictions of family and friends who complain that I am not on FB.

9. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 Member

It's a professional networking site...

10. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

ok gotcha. never heard of it before. i aint professional enough i guess lol.

11. Green-Water

Green-Water New Member

Facebook: yes

Twitter and LinkedIn: no

12. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Facebook & Google+. Without Facebook, none of my friends would know what was going on with each other. We hardly communicate any other way any more.

13. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Thats the only reason why i got facebook. Had myspace before but hardly used it.

14. PeacefulWarrior

It is... but an 'evil necessity' in locating some old Army buddies. Aside from that, it's a pretty phony environment.

15. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

Facebook and Google+. To all the anti social network users, I've been in the dot-com/tech world long enough to chuckle from experience: resistance is futile, you will be assimilated. :)

Regarding all the comments that you "don't need <insert_widely_adopted_tech_here>"...? That's exactly what the masses said in 1989 about the then-new geeks-only nerd-tech thing called "e-mail" (note the hyphen) and "Internet" (note that it was referred to as just "Internet" in its early Cretaceous period, not "the internet" as in "Are you logged-on to Internet yet?").

I have snagged accounts on Twitter and LinkedIn so that I could get my name registered before someone else does. (I don't use "ROYALE W CHEESE" for those accounts.) Honestly, Twitter and LinkedIn are wastes of time. And I am indeed a professional within my industry.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  16. Just the good ole Glock Forum for me. I don't do any of the other places.

17. Green-Water

Green-Water New Member

I will say that I used to think that Facebook was pretty gay. I can't really say that now because I can use Facebook to keep up to date on current events at some of the companies and organizations that I associate with or belong to i.e. IDPA, NRA, Comp-Tac, Glock etc.

A lot of times, these companies and organizations make announcements regarding new products and awesome sales on Facebook before they do on their own websites. You can easily keep track of all that is going on without having to go to several different websites.

Not as gay as it used to be.

18. I'm on FB but only for a small group. My company is now on FB also, and everyone can feel more than free to add it!! Don't mind me as we actually ya know, do something with it.

http://www.facebook.com/twistyourmonkey

19. PeacefulWarrior

Yes, add that to my military buddies. It's nice to have feeds from news & some businesses. I worked in IT for a decade... Had enough with high tech... I'm enjoying not using high tech as much (as I type this on my iPod Touch)