Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a G17 gen 4. With FMJ it had zero problems with jamming. With JHP I had jamming problems all the time. After doing some research i found that they had a "recall" on the RSAs on the Gen4s. So I called and got my new RSA in about 5 days.

Today I went to the range with the new RSA installed. Not only did I have ZERO problems with JHP my groupings were noticeably tighter. I put around 100 JHPs through it and had another 200 of FMJ. By the time I finished the head of the target, between the .22 lr Beretta bobcat and the G17, it was just a big hole. it was gone. The "heart" area was too.

The new RSA has solved all issues with my favorite pistol I've ever.:D

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Congratulations on your fully functional modification, Clint!

While I can identify with your joy, please note that we have a language filter in place, so even though it is hard to contain yourself when you are so excessively joyful (as is the case here no doubt), please mind the language restrictions.

Again, congratulations on the updating of your Glock, and remember what they always say: pics or it didn't happen! :D

Cheers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations on your fully functional modification, Clint!

While I can identify with your joy, please note that we have a language filter in place, so even though it is hard to contain yourself when you are so excessively joyful (as is the case here no doubt), please mind the language restrictions.

Again, congratulations on the updating of your Glock, and remember what they always say: pics or it didn't happen! :D

Cheers!
"No pics, it didn't happen"?? Aw c'mon, if it didn't happen i wouldn't be so pleased with today.:cool:

I understand about language filter. That's why i "bleeped it" bbut if that's still too much i understand. Thanks for the congrats.:D

·
Lurker
106 Posts
Lol, nice! Thats the exact feeling I had when I put my new 30274 ejector in my gen 3 g19. Finally shooting without getting hit with brass, knowing the gun was running flawlessly, awesome!

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hey, it could have been worse....ever hear of the "brass dance"? Hot brass down the neck?

Mostly happens with the fairer sex, though. :D

@Clint: no problemo.

Have a good one!

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
....? Hot brass down the neck?

Mostly happens with the fairer sex, though. :D

@Clint: no problemo.

Have a good one!
hahaha. it's USUALLY NOT the neck.... ;)

@Clint- congrats on working out the issue with the 17. It's a great pistol isn't it?

d

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol, nice! Thats the exact feeling I had when I put my new 30274 ejector in my gen 3 g19. Finally shooting without getting hit with brass, knowing the gun was running flawlessly, awesome!

I had two casings fly straight back, but the fact that it's not jamming with JHPs makes me smile.:cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hahaha. it's USUALLY NOT the neck.... ;)

@Clint- congrats on working out the issue with the 17. It's a great pistol isn't it?

d
I LOVE my Glock. I actually tried to avoid Glock for the longest time because of the "no visible hammer" thing. I got over it though because I kept hearing about it's reliability, accuracy and more controllable recoil. It's like i tried for years to avoid the Fender Stratocaster but I gave in and it's now my favorite guitar.

I had a Ruger P-90 .45 ACP. It was a hunk man. It was reliable but the grip was to big for my hand, wasn't finely accurate and the recoil from the .45 was a bit much.

I decided to go to a 9mm but wasn't sure what to look for. Sig is $$$$$ and Beretta seems nice. But the G17 fit my hand, so did the 92FS but the Glock was $410 brand new after tax. The beretta was $630, but my gut told me Glock anyway.

The first time I fired it it was a whole other world. I was hitting what I was aiming for. I grew up shooting long guns. I can hit 200-300 yards without a scope on a 2'x2' target and that's what I've always been good at so handguns have been new to me for about 3 years. I've had my G17 for about 18 months. It's been a lot of fun learning the handguns as I keep getting more of the hang of it and the Glock has definitely aided that.

I LOVE MY G17!!:D

·
Registered
547 Posts
Congrats on the RSA fix. Nothing beats the feeling of a new gun or one that has just been fixed.

As for the Brass Dance, I always tell the girls that low cut tops and hot brass will ruin your whole day, and that they are way too pretty to burn. I had one get on top of my safety glasses from a Taurus PT 1911, 1-1/2 eyebrows is not a good look.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Congrats on the RSA fix. Nothing beats the feeling of a new gun or one that has just been fixed.

As for the Brass Dance, I always tell the girls that low cut tops and hot brass will ruin your whole day, and that they are way too pretty to burn. I had one get on top of my safety glasses from a Taurus PT 1911, 1-1/2 eyebrows is not a good look.
I had the one casing get caught right in the spot where the button is on my polo shirt i was wearing. It was hot, real hot, but not "burning hot". At first i was like DANGIT!! Then it cooled down fast and the feeling of it reminded me that my JHPs weren't jamming anymore so it was a nice bit of reassurance after kind of fretting over whether the new RSA would solve the issue.

MAN MAN MAN, I just can't say enough about how happy I am that the new spring works, very very little change in the "action?" - "performance?" - well, it had just a minute amount more kick but i got used to it right away. One happy customer of Glock and would definitely recommend.

I guess that's why cops, swat teams, feds, border patrol all carry them, for a reason.

I love this pistol so much man!:eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

hey, I have never shot a 1911, i have only held a couple. What is up with the "beaver tail", I mean the purpose? You have to squeeze your whole hand right? It seems that would be awkward to me.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
....... I had one get on top of my safety glasses from a Taurus PT 1911, 1-1/2 eyebrows is not a good look.
Whoa. Good thing for safety glasses.

i've had brass drop into my collared shirt and stick between the color and my neck. Since it was a "shoot and move" drill, I couldn't very well do the dance. Left a pretty funny mark. People thought it was a hickey.

d

·
Glockin’ since 1993
43,332 Posts
clinttorres said:
hey, I have never shot a 1911, i have only held a couple. What is up with the "beaver tail", I mean the purpose? You have to squeeze your whole hand right? It seems that would be awkward to me.
The beavertail does 2 things. It stops hammer bite. It positions the web of the hand as high up to the bore line as possible.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
The beavertail does 2 things. It stops hammer bite. It positions the web of the hand as high up to the bore line as possible.
yep, positions the web of the hand as high up as possible (consequently with the rest of the hand in line with the recoil impulse path) without entering into the movement path of the slide, preventing the infamous "slide bite".

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have a G17 gen 4. With FMJ it had zero problems with jamming. With JHP I had jamming problems all the time. After doing some research i found that they had a "recall" on the RSAs on the Gen4s. So I called and got my new RSA in about 5 days.

Today I went to the range with the new RSA installed. Not only did I have ZERO problems with JHP my groupings were noticeably tighter. I put around 100 JHPs through it and had another 200 of FMJ. By the time I finished the head of the target, between the .22 lr Beretta bobcat and the G17, it was just a big hole. it was gone. The "heart" area was too.

The new RSA has solved all issues with my favorite pistol I've ever.:D
How long ago did you purchase your G17 Gen4? I have had mine over a month but am not sure if mine is affected by the recall or not, any way to tell the difference in the old and new RSA's? I haven't fired any JHP, only FMJ but I'd rather find out now than when it jams in my hand. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts