Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok So I have a Glock19 Gen4 with a Dipped extractor and I also have a Glock21sf with a non-dipped extractor. I have taken them both out and they appear to be the same size. The reason Im briging it up is ive heard that useing a non-dipped extractor in a Gen4 is better then useing a dipped extractor and should I switch the two?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say "A Dipped Extractor vs A Non-Dipped Extractor.
Are you talking about the Tenifer finish?

The original Extractors had a 90 degree Breach Face and the New Extractors have a 15 degree Breach Face.
To answer your question somewhat; I would say leave it alone, No reason to fix what ain't broke.

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
Have you personally had an issue with the new design?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Ok So I have a Glock19 Gen4 with a Dipped extractor and I also have a Glock21sf with a non-dipped extractor. I have taken them both out and they appear to be the same size. The reason Im briging it up is ive heard that useing a non-dipped extractor in a Gen4 is better then useing a dipped extractor and should I switch the two?
For those of us who are in the dark could you tell us what a Dipped Extractor is?

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Are you having problems or is this another issue of you trying to fix something that isnt broken as in your other thread?

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
So....if you're not having extraction issues why would you change anything?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
The G19 extractor is not the same as the G21 extractor.
The G19 is a 0 degree angle and the G21 has a 5 degree angle.
The 5 degree angle is for the .40, .45, .357, 10mm.
0 degree is for the 9 x 19 (9mm) only.
I would say No do not swap them out.
The number 30274 as BabaBooey stated above is for the Ejector not the Extractor.

·
Member1
127 Posts
david1962hd said:
The number 30274 as BabaBooey stated above is for the Ejector not the Extractor.
ahh good call i misread his post entirely. Epic fail. I think i was pouncing on yet another g19 ejector question because there are so many. Delete delete! Wheres the delete function :)

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
BabaaBooey said:
ahh good call i misread his post entirely. Epic fail. I think i was pouncing on yet another g19 ejector question because there are so many. Delete delete! Wheres the delete function :)
It happens to us all, no big deal.

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for actually answering my question

1 - 17 of 17 Posts