Extended Slide Releases. Forward?

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by ryanmckenna88, Apr 13, 2012.

1. ryanmckenna88

ryanmckenna88 New Member

Has anyone tried these new FORWARD slide releases? I am looking to extend mine, and have been looking at the GHOST BULLET ones. I am thinking there is a reason why Glock designed them the way they did. Anyone have any experience with the "forward" ones now available? Or any horror stories about the "ghost bullet"?

THANKS!

Attached Files:

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Ryanmckenna88, and WELCOME to the Forum!

If you would please post a *Hi There* in the Introductions category, other Members can welcome you as well.

About your question, I would imagine it all depends on where your thumbpad would lie as you grip the gun.

Cheers!

3. ryanmckenna88

ryanmckenna88 New Member

I would say my hands are smaller, but I THINK it may have more to do with the direction you push the piece. I am having a hard time imagining which would be more comfortable. The stuff online makes it sound like a obvious improvement, but they are just trying to sell them.

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Been considering something like this for both my G26 and G30, but haven't really looked into it much beyond considering it.

Be interesting to see what others have to say....

5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Just a guess but maybe for people who have big hands holding it down in the standard position preventing the slide from locking back on an empty mag? I wouldn't get it, I don't see any benefit.

6. Hurricane460

Hurricane460 Glock Doc..

I have one on my G30 not the brand you mention but one from the Glock Store. Works as it should and I have no regrets getting it.

7. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Personally, as someone else with small hands, I'd recommend the Glock factory extended slide lock. I have them on both of mine and they're a huge improvement for me over the regular ones.

8. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

^^^---- Good to know, Jon!

I, too, have small hands....may check that option out sooner than later. Thanks for the input!

Cheers!

9. Lovethyglock

Lovethyglock New Member

I also got one from my glock armorer and I like it.

10. ryanmckenna88

ryanmckenna88 New Member

Ya, I am definitely getting some sort of extension....I think I am going to stick with the regular direction, not the forward. I am thinking that instead of pushing up to lock slide back, you would push down?

11. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I just ordered extended slide locks and extended slide release from Glockmeister for my g19, g22 and g36.
    I will be ordering them for my new g23 tomorrow.

12. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Any slide lock would be pushed up to lock the slide back, down to release it. The direction the lever faces makes no difference.

13. Here is what Ghost says about it:

*FORWARD IS FASTER
    *FORWARD PREVENTS OPERATOR ERRORS AND MALFUNCTIONS
    *BULLET PROOF DESIGN
    *DROP-IN
    *LEFTY FRIENDLY
    The concept of the BULLET FORWARD SLIDE RELEASE came from DAVE SPAULDING -Thanks Dave! The BULLET FORWARD SLIDE RELEASE (BFSR) is designed for aggressive manipulations (read gross motor execution) for positive slide releases and slide stopping power under the most adverse conditions. The Problem: Using the modern technique (thumbs forward) you can do one of two BAD things: 1. Your thumb can push UP the slide release locking the pistol open during recoil while ammo is still in the pistol. 2. Your thumb can FORCE the slide release down preventing the pistol from locking open when empty. The Solution: The BULLET FORWARD SLIDE RELEASE prevents these occurrences by placing the slide release tab forward and between your thumbs! This forward thinking enables you to dominate your GLOCK! This part is made with the finest Stainless Steel. Fits Only 3 Pin GLOCKs. Models: 17 (3 Pin Only),18,19,20, 21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,37,38 &39
    Lifetime Warranty!

14. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Sounds like a solution to a nonexistent problem to me. The only gun I've even heard of this being a significant problem on is the Walther PPQ and that's only because the ambi slide lock lever is HUGE. Once people realize that's the cause of their problem, they adjust and it goes away. I don't recall ever doing either of those things on any gun or knowing anyone who has.

15. Lovethyglock

Lovethyglock New Member

My ccw instructor did that. He would hold the release down preventing the slide from locking back. I believe he had some type of thumb injury that caused him to do that. He was also into a lot of competition shooting so he must have learned to deal with it. Just a side note.

16. Glockblockage

Glockblockage New Member

Quick question... I just installed a ghost bullet forward slide release on my g30. Seems to work fine, except now the slide locks automatically whenever I pull it all the way back, and the only way to release it is with the actual slide lock. I am completely unable to release the slide by pulling it back... Improper installation, perhaps?:/

17. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

It sounds like the spring is not in the right spot. It needs to be under the pin.

NRA member, GSSF member and a GCA.
    Sent from my Commodore 64 yesterday.

18. 04gixxer6

04gixxer6 New Member

I would double check your install.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum