Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
I have big hands but short fingers. I like my extended release.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
My hand is medium size and slide seems comfortable to use, sounds like if I had a hand like the hulk the slide mod would help?

If you have a long thumb, though, the extended slide release could be a problem. Depending on how you grip your weapon, your thumb coming into contact with the release could cause an unintentional lock-back.

So, as you can see, the extended release comes down to different strokes for different folks.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
In the first place on a Glock it's NOT a Slide Release, it's a Slide Stop. You pull the slide back to unlock it after a fresh mag has been chambered, you're not suppose to use the Slide Stop to do that job even though many folks who learned on 1911's and older style semis do use it for that.
That being said, my gun has one because the guy that I bought it from installed it and didn't have the stock parts with the gun when I bought it so I'm stuck with it(like the one on top in the pic) but if you don't have one and use proper technique to drop your slide you won't even get near the Slide Stop so it'd pretty much be a waste of money to add one.
Nice thing about learning the "Up and Over" or the "Slingshot" is that it'll work for any semi you shoot, you won't have to learn where each and every slide stop is on each and every gun and you won't have to worry about ware and tare on the Slide Stop to the point where it'll stop doing it's job because it's been rounded off by using it to drop the slide. As always, JMHO, YMMV.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You will use it to reload if you are ever in a situation that leaves you with the use of only one hand. I practice one handed shooting and reloading with each hand(still not too good with the left though). The extended is a little easier to push down.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
In the first place on a Glock it's NOT a Slide Release, it's a Slide Stop. You pull the slide back to unlock it after a fresh mag has been chambered, you're not suppose to use the Slide Stop to do that job even though many folks who learned on 1911's and older style semis do use it for that.
That being said, my gun has one because the guy that I bought it from installed it and didn't have the stock parts with the gun when I bought it so I'm stuck with it(like the one on top in the pic) but if you don't have one and use proper technique to drop your slide you won't even get near the Slide Stop so it'd pretty much be a waste of money to add one.
Nice thing about learning the "Up and Over" or the "Slingshot" is that it'll work for any semi you shoot, you won't have to learn where each and every slide stop is on each and every gun and you won't have to worry about ware and tare on the Slide Stop to the point where it'll stop doing it's job because it's been rounded off by using it to drop the slide. As always, JMHO, YMMV.
Slide Stop Lever being you want to be so precise.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Like said previously to each his own. I had on on my 19 but took it off because my grip sits almost on top of the slide stop and wouldnt allow my slide to lock back after the last round causing me to loose precious seconds in competition. My wife however likes it on her g19 because she has smaller hands and it makes it easier for her to clear her Glock... And glockstore is a pretty good sight with reasonable prices IMHO

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
There is no such thing as an extended slide release. However, there is an extended slide stop. The extended slide stop provides the shooter with a better angle and more leverage when engaging the slide into the open position.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Argyle_Armoring said:
There is no such thing as an extended slide release. However, there is an extended slide stop. The extended slide stop provides the shooter with a better angle and more leverage when engaging the slide into the open position.
Did I say slide release by mistake... My bad and thanks for the correction...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Glock_Fanatic said:
Like said previously to each his own. I had on on my 19 but took it off because my grip sits almost on top of the slide stop and wouldnt allow my slide to lock back after the last round causing me to loose precious seconds in competition. My wife however likes it on her g19 because she has smaller hands and it makes it easier for her to clear her Glock... And glockstore is a pretty good sight with reasonable prices IMHO
Oh It was really bugging me that I would make a mistake like that so I had to double check... But there were several people that did so I'm sure your correction stand warranted.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Only reason I said anything about it being a "Slide Stop" and not a Slide Release is because I'm kind of OCD about things. If I were a "normal" person I'd have just overlooked it.LOL. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts