Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about installing a extended mag release for my G26G4, but I need some info on a couple things.

1. Is it really worth installing?
2. Which brand to get?
3. What is a fair price? I've seen them range from $15-$35.

Advice/Comments please! Thanks!

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Try to find a local gun dealer that has one installed on a Glock. Handle it a bit. The ones I've seen really stick out. If it rubs on your hand just holding it, you'll probably not enjoy shooting with it. Sharp edges you know.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the Gen 4 go for the Vickers:
Ok, I don't want to sound dumb, but I've never heard of that brand. I've seen the ones from rockmyglock.com and Ghost, but not Vicker's. Where can I order it online and how much do they cost? Thanks for the pic!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've heard some bad reviews about the extended mag release, but I run one on both my G17 and G26 and I have had NO issues. I hear a lot about accidental mag release while concealing or in a vehicle. I do both of those everyday, and have NEVER had an issue. The Vickers is great as is most all of his products, but its quite a bit more expensive than the Glock factory extended mag release, and IMO isn't worth the extra money. The edges can be a little sharp, but if you take a little high grit sandpaper to it, it feels GREAT!!!

·
Registered
4,826 Posts

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I love my extended slide release it's a lonewolf installed it myself it was super easy payed 13 bucks shipped on eBay. It is sharp so I sanded it down abut and now it's perfect.

It does stock out a bit but doesnt bother me a bit In my state I can't CCW so I don't know how it works in a holster.

It is one of my favorite and useful mods though I would suggest making the plunge

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the website info! I went to tangodown.com and it was there like you said, $16.92, but they were gonna charge me almost $14.00 for UPS ground shipping! WTH!!! I don't know what state they're based out of, but that sounds crazy expensive for a part that only weighs a fraction of an ounce! Why can't they just sent it regular postal? I couldn't get nettac.com to pull up on my mobile, so I'll try them on my desktop. Thanks again for the info! Btw, I do like the Vicker's!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.