Extended mag release for Gen 4

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by glocker73, May 15, 2012.

1. I've been thinking about installing a extended mag release for my G26G4, but I need some info on a couple things.

1. Is it really worth installing?
    2. Which brand to get?
    3. What is a fair price? I've seen them range from $15-$35.

Advice/Comments please! Thanks!

2. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Try to find a local gun dealer that has one installed on a Glock. Handle it a bit. The ones I've seen really stick out. If it rubs on your hand just holding it, you'll probably not enjoy shooting with it. Sharp edges you know.

3. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

For the Gen 4 go for the Vickers:

Attached Files:

4. Ok, I don't want to sound dumb, but I've never heard of that brand. I've seen the ones from rockmyglock.com and Ghost, but not Vicker's. Where can I order it online and how much do they cost? Thanks for the pic!

5. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

I've heard some bad reviews about the extended mag release, but I run one on both my G17 and G26 and I have had NO issues. I hear a lot about accidental mag release while concealing or in a vehicle. I do both of those everyday, and have NEVER had an issue. The Vickers is great as is most all of his products, but its quite a bit more expensive than the Glock factory extended mag release, and IMO isn't worth the extra money. The edges can be a little sharp, but if you take a little high grit sandpaper to it, it feels GREAT!!!

6. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

7. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I love my extended slide release it's a lonewolf installed it myself it was super easy payed 13 bucks shipped on eBay. It is sharp so I sanded it down abut and now it's perfect.

It does stock out a bit but doesnt bother me a bit In my state I can't CCW so I don't know how it works in a holster.

It is one of my favorite and useful mods though I would suggest making the plunge

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  8. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I don't have a Blackhawk, but I can tell you that I've never had a mag issue, even wearing a Crossbreed without a combat cut....and I lean all over it

9. DrlSgt

DrlSgt New Member

I have silver/chrome extended mag release installed on my G19 Gen4 and my G26 Gen4 and use both with my Blackhawk holster (same model as yours) with no issues whatsoever. Go for it, you'll love it!

10. DrlSgt

DrlSgt New Member

BTW, got mine from RockYourGlock.com (it's their brand).

11. Thanks for the website info! I went to tangodown.com and it was there like you said, $16.92, but they were gonna charge me almost $14.00 for UPS ground shipping! WTH!!! I don't know what state they're based out of, but that sounds crazy expensive for a part that only weighs a fraction of an ounce! Why can't they just sent it regular postal? I couldn't get nettac.com to pull up on my mobile, so I'll try them on my desktop. Thanks again for the info! Btw, I do like the Vicker's!