Explain Your Avatar

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ChromeDome, Jun 17, 2012.

1. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

Whether it's a self portrait or your favorite Glock, some are pretty self-explanitory, others are just flat out odd. What is the reasoning behind what you decided to use for your avatar... After I first shaved my head, I got the usual teasing from friends that would be expected after such a radical change in hair style. Baldy, Mr. Clean, Q-Ball were pretty common. But when someone called me "Sir Lancelot", I had to ask "Huh?" He said, "Your head is so shiney!" So, I was looking at helmets that knights wore with a suit of armor. They just didn't look right without the whole suit and all. Then I stumbled upon this crazy, mean lookin' Spartan type helmet. No suit. Just a headfull of metal. Perfect...my avatar.

2. mcz0804a

mcz0804a Don't Call Me Sir!!! I Work For A Living

My son putting a bracelet on mommy I made. I'm an AF cop and am stationed 1200 miles from them. So on post I made them the three bracelets you see. My son has always played with the Thin Blue Line 550 cord bracelet I wear since the day he was born, he loves them.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Me, shooting my Glock 22… two weeks out of the hospital, I have put on weight since then.

4. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Amazing idea for a thread!!!

Mine is just simple it's me....

The Avatar before this one was of my first AR build.

5. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

Happy Father's Day, mcz!;)

6. MC_Hatley

MC_Hatley New Member

Mines an early version of the Oklahoma state flag. No deep meaning, just proud to be an Okie.

7. mcz0804a

mcz0804a Don't Call Me Sir!!! I Work For A Living

Thank you.

8. Just me wasting some ammo with my AR in a kansas cornfield. Its not redneck at all. haha

9. runman

runman New Member

I spend a lot of time running long distances so it is just a picture I found online. A running man on the inside. My screen name I came up with years ago. Started with the movie title "The Running Man" but shortened it a bit. Sort of like postman, policeman, Batman, so it became runman. Cool idea for a thread.

10. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

My avatar is me shooting the El Presidente stage at my first USPSA classifier. I was introduced to guns at an early age for hunting. Over the past year I really got into guns for competition.

11. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

I had my bow broken down to put a sling hook, and a fall away rest on it. Before I cranked the draw weight back up, I decided to try out some Gold Tip Entrada 600 arrows with feathered vanes, I was about 60 yards out & just wanted to see how the would fly. They do okay at 55# but they work better with my 45# recurves. I just put it up for an Avatar for something different.

12. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Retired Navy First Class Salvage Diver. Blown up picture of our dress uniform insigna. Enjoyed the job.

13. My wife and I on our first trip to the GunsiteAcademy, taken shortly after my retirement from the USAF. We had an awesome experience.

14. G17XJ_BS

G17XJ_BS New Member

Just my jeep crawling up the alignment rack at work!!

15. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

Mine is my 3 year old gray cat. His name is "Duman" which means smoke/fog in Turkish.

16. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Self Explainatory! You will succumb, sooner or later!!! Come to the Darkside and fight! Really, kind of a where I been, glad i'm not there personal thing.,

17. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Mine is the Gadsden flag. It was one of the first Marine banners during the American Revolution. There is a wonderful history of it at the following web site:
    http://www.gadsden.info/history.html

18. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Mine is one of my many many many many many dream cars. I love the 'Green with Envy' they put out on the SRT Dodges back in 2011. (I think it was a special color for that year.)

This is a picture of the Dodge Challenger Targa race car, and I just think it is cool!

I keep my avatar the same on all forums I visit. One day, I will change it to another car/truck/hotrod that I actually own.
    PS I did not take that picture nor own the car, but it is cool isn't it?!! :D

19. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Very COOL!! I want one!

20. Hollen

Hollen New Member

My g23 and my recon 1 two things that are always on me. Except at work! Well the recon 1 is still on me at work. G23 is in the car.