EOTech

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by shiflet, Mar 21, 2012.

1. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Anyone ever used any eotech models? Any pros or cons? Where is the best place to purchase? Any better options in same price range?? Let me know please!!

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I've used the 512, 552, 557, and the XPS-2. Never had a problem with any of them. I just got an aimpoint PRO, going to give it a shot next.

4. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Is it compatible with any of their magnifiers?

5. shiflet

shiflet New Member

I meant to PM that lol. Is it compatible with any of their magnifiers? Lets see a pic or two

6. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

I am running the EXPS2-0 on my Sig M400, so far it is an excellent sight. check out www.primaryarms.com the EOTechs come with a primary arms 3x magnifier for free, prices on the EOTechs themselves are competitive with every other site that sells them.

When I ordered from PA I upgraded from their standard 3x magnifier to their 3x deluxe magnifier for a few extra bucks. The difference between the 2 is the deluxe is shorter so it takes up less room on the rail. Also the deluxe model is compatible with the the American defense swing off mount (which I don't have but plan on getting over the sightmark or PA flip to side mounts) youtube the American Defense swing off mount it seems to work really slick and stays in the side or standard position where as most FTS mounts the optic will flop around with the magnifier in the side position.

I chose the EXPS2 over the XPS2 model because the EXPS2 comes with the quick detach mount where the XPS2 does not. Over all it is a great setup that PA sells. their magnifiers are made in China but are actually pretty decent and feel pretty durable. The EOTech is made for CQC but can be accurate and a decent distance with or without the magnifier.

I will copy and paste my last range report I put on the AR15armory forum.

Here is my setup
    [​IMG]

Also just for fun I brought out a deck of cards. This was the first shot at 46yds with just the EOTech no magnifier.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  7. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Here is my last range report I posted on the AR15armory forum.

8. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Yes, they are all compatible with magnifers

Tried 3 times to attach pics, they won't take from me today apparent

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012