Glock Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever used any eotech models? Any pros or cons? Where is the best place to purchase? Any better options in same price range?? Let me know please!!

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I've used the 512, 552, 557, and the XPS-2. Never had a problem with any of them. I just got an aimpoint PRO, going to give it a shot next.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bhale187 said:
I've used the 512, 552, 557, and the XPS-2. Never had a problem with any of them. I just got an aimpoint PRO, going to give it a shot next.
I meant to PM that lol. Is it compatible with any of their magnifiers? Lets see a pic or two

·
Registered
585 Posts
I am running the EXPS2-0 on my Sig M400, so far it is an excellent sight. check out www.primaryarms.com the EOTechs come with a primary arms 3x magnifier for free, prices on the EOTechs themselves are competitive with every other site that sells them.

When I ordered from PA I upgraded from their standard 3x magnifier to their 3x deluxe magnifier for a few extra bucks. The difference between the 2 is the deluxe is shorter so it takes up less room on the rail. Also the deluxe model is compatible with the the American defense swing off mount (which I don't have but plan on getting over the sightmark or PA flip to side mounts) youtube the American Defense swing off mount it seems to work really slick and stays in the side or standard position where as most FTS mounts the optic will flop around with the magnifier in the side position.

I chose the EXPS2 over the XPS2 model because the EXPS2 comes with the quick detach mount where the XPS2 does not. Over all it is a great setup that PA sells. their magnifiers are made in China but are actually pretty decent and feel pretty durable. The EOTech is made for CQC but can be accurate and a decent distance with or without the magnifier.

I will copy and paste my last range report I put on the AR15armory forum.

Here is my setup

Also just for fun I brought out a deck of cards. This was the first shot at 46yds with just the EOTech no magnifier.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Here is my last range report I posted on the AR15armory forum.

Went to the range again on Sunday with the lady friend, we started off on the pistol side since that always fills up and one ends up waiting all day for a lane to open up I put 100 rounds through the Glock and between us we probably put between 200-250 rounds through my girlfriends S&W .22 then we headed over to the the rifle side.

I started out at the 46 yard max and had to mess with the Eotech as it was still a few clicks off zero. Started of with the same American Eagle .223 55gr. value pack then I had to purchase a few more boxes at the range which was the Remington PMC .223 55gr. Also wee used the Primary arms 3x magnifier the entire time with a stool and sand bag setup.

After getting the EOtech to where I felt it was zeroed I made my girlfriend shoot it. She was very reluctant to shoot it as she was to afraid of the recoil since all she was used to is her .22 S&W. She has tried my Sig p6 (9mm) and Glock 22(40S&W) but doesn't like the power; I think she is just afraid that they will come flying out of her hands. We were at the end of the American Eagle box and one mag had 6 rounds in it, so I got her set up with a stool and sand bag, and set the target out to 25 yards for her.

Target is a Shoot-N-C 8in. circle w/ 3/4in center.

Needless to say she realized the recoil wasn't as bad as she was expecting, and I think her panties got a little wet because she wanted more :nt: (I proceeded to finish off the remaining 30rounds of the AE ammo at 46 yards but forgot to take a picture)

After I finished off the AE ammo I get her set up with a full mag of the Remington PMC ammo and after like 5 or 6 rounds at 33 yards out I had to bring the target in because the shoot-n-c stickers were falling off when they were hit down range. I got her set up with a new target down at the 46 yard max, since the new target was a bit bigger. She proceeded to put the rest of the rounds down range on target. She ended up doing pretty well for it being her first time shooting it and being a bit nervous.

Dirty Bird Splattering Target 2 5/8in X 3 1/2in

I finished off the last 30 rounds of the Remington PMC ammo at 46 yards with the Shoot-N-C 8in circle with 3/4in center dot target. My first grouping was at the bottom. There was a red circle sticker there, but it fell off when hit a few times. Second grouping was in the middle. I was going to adjust the EOtech again as I felt I was aiming on the center dot and it was hitting left. I left it where it was as I figure it was shooter error and put a few more rounds into the group. Third group was the last 5 rounds at the top red dot. First shot was right on target. I did feel myself anticipate the shot on the couple random stray rounds in the first grouping at the bottom; the 3 rounds to the right of the dot in the second grouping were after I was debating on tweaking the dot on the EOtech but didn't.

Not to shabby for a 3x magnifier with and EOtech EXPS2-0. At 46 yards out the dot on the Eotech is larger than the 3/4in red circle on the target. Even though EOtechs are made for CQ, they do fairly well at a distance with a 3x magnifier behind it. I probably wouldn't go much farther out with the 3x unless I had a little bit larger target. One could probably get it on target at 75 yards maybe even 100yards with the Dirty Bird splatter target with the 2 5/8in X 3 1/2in center, but I don't have an indoor range close enough for me to try. When It gets warmer and the snow melts I will try it out.

Impression of the Primary Arms 3x deluxe magnifier: Even though I believe it is made in China, It is has a crisp field of view. It feels well built and durable. It is not top of the line, but at half the price of the EOtech combo it cant be beat. Unless you absolutely have to have the EOtech magnifier with the optic, this is a great magnifier. Until I am proven otherwise about the quality and durability of PA I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one of their optics; from the reviews out there I think most everyone feels the same. Now all I am waiting for is the FTS mount to come back in stock and it'll be a done deal. 2 1/2 weeks and 380 round through :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Yes, they are all compatible with magnifers

Tried 3 times to attach pics, they won't take from me today apparent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts