Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw on the local news in central pa that a local POLICE CHIEF yea police chief left his loaded glock in his unlocked unmarked police car outside his home on Wednesday. He then discovered this morning that his weapon was stolen. Is it just me or is everyone in the news lately concerning firearms a real idiot?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
bigcountry92 said:
I just saw on the local news in central pa that a local POLICE CHIEF yea police chief left his loaded glock in his unlocked unmarked police car outside his home on Wednesday. He then discovered this morning that his weapon was stolen. Is it just me or is everyone in the news lately concerning firearms a real idiot?
They're idiots or crazy.

·
238 Posts
It is not just you, safety goes far beyond keeping your finger off of the trigger until you acquire your target. Safe storage of a loaded firearm is equally important. These people give us a bad name.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tuamike said:
It is not just you, safety goes far beyond keeping your finger off of the trigger until you acquire your target. Safe storage of a loaded firearm is equally important. These people give us a bad name.
Yea I mean I understand mistakes happen but come on, I mean he is a police chief.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You would be very surprised at how many law enforcement officers don't really care about firearms OR regularly carry in regular (off-duty) clothes. If they didn't have to carry they wouldn't.

Sad but true.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'd be worried about the perp using my weapon to commit a crime in the middle of the night and just simply put it back.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I've done this exact thing many times. At least it is better than leaving it visible on the front seat of the car.

Edit: Sorry, I read this wrong. I thought it was ripped from his locked car, in the trunk. My apologies to all.

·
238 Posts
havasu said:
I've done this exact thing many times. At least it is better than leaving it visible on the front seat of the car.
Left a loaded gun in an unlocked car overnight? Wow.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Wonder if he's one of those guys with an attitude about civilians carrying.

·
55 Posts
I used to keep a gun in my truck unlocked,but its verry well hidden also I live in a rural area at the end of a dead end street and my rottweiler often sleeps under my truck and he stays on a chain because he has and will attack

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
That happened to one of the local Sheriff's or a very senior officer in one of the Sheriff's Departments (there are several counties in and around Atlanta). I don't think he left his unlocked though. He got his back. It seems like there were two of those around here at the same time, too, 18 months or so ago?

Anyway, here's a good one on the "don't leave a gun in your unlocked car" note...http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...tolen-weapons-returned-message-190158697.html

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
2 thoughts come to mind. 1st as a Lieutenant who supervised hundreds of Cops my 1st thought is I wonder if he is going to receive the same disciplinary action he would have demanded of his Officers. and 2. Police Chiefs/Sheriffs/Wardens and or any other Head Constable are nothing more than Politicians. Even the Great Sheriff Joe is. It is the nature of the beast. That is why I take what the Police Chiefs or Sheriffs assn says with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
You would be very surprised at how many law enforcement officers don't really care about firearms OR regularly carry in regular (off-duty) clothes. If they didn't have to carry they wouldn't.

Sad but true.
This is absolutely True. Years ago when money wasn't all that good in Law Enforcement it was mostly Gun GUys and a few Gun Girls who joined Law Enforcement. But as the Money got better then a lot of people who would have never got into Law Enforcement jumped in for the Money, Benefits and Retirement. Some of these people are a Great asset to Law Enforcement and others are not. They are there for the paycheck and beni's

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sgtcowboyusmc said:
2 thoughts come to mind. 1st as a Lieutenant who supervised hundreds of Cops my 1st thought is I wonder if he is going to receive the same disciplinary action he would have demanded of his Officers. and 2. Police Chiefs/Sheriffs/Wardens and or any other Head Constable are nothing more than Politicians. Even the Great Sheriff Joe is. It is the nature of the beast. That is why I take what the Police Chiefs or Sheriffs assn says with a grain of salt.
I'm not positive but I think they said he wasn't facing any disciplinary actions

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I'm not positive but I think they said he wasn't facing any disciplinary actions
Yeah that was kinda my Point and a Point I argued when I was a Sgt and a LT! Managers are quick to order Cops written up but when they screw up they never face any disciplinary action! BTW 19 yrs as a Supervisor I NEVER wrote my Cops up. There are other ways of handling it!;)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
But as the Money got better then a lot of people who would have never got into Law Enforcement jumped in for the Money, Benefits and Retirement. Some of these people are a Great asset to Law Enforcement and others are not. They are there for the paycheck and beni's
Funny, but the same can be said of people in Congress. :D

·
Heart Of Dixie
589 Posts
Being a police chief doesn't exempt someone from being stupid.

·
Registered
227 Posts
bigcountry92 said:
This is probably the type of Cleo that would not sign a form for anybody to have suppressor or a class 3 weapon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts