Glock Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks like a done deal now. The major card companies have signed off. That’s fine, I’ll just buy my ammunition locally with cash or digital currency.

Time to cancel my one remaining credit card as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wonder how much you have to spend to get a visit?
The amount isn’t the point. The Feds now have a digital record of firearm owners. Will that record be precise? No. But a good approximation from now on, yes.

Thus far my research has indicated both firearms and ammunition will be coded. Gun parts? Dunno. Buy some maintenance parts from The Glock Store? Maybe yes.

And what about debit cards?

I’ve already found an ammunition source that takes digital currency. Not the best prices, but I don’t care.

The Feds’ and bank cards’ action is a massive invasion of privacy, and hopefully unconstitutional. And it is NOT “for the children”.

·
Low speed High drag
2,818 Posts
The amount isn’t the point. The Feds now have a digital record of firearm owners. Will that record be precise? No. But a good approximation from now on, yes.

Thus far my research has indicated both firearms and ammunition will be coded. Gun parts? Dunno. Buy some maintenance parts from The Glock Store? Maybe yes.

And what about debit cards?

I’ve already found an ammunition source that takes digital currency. Not the best prices, but I don’t care.

The Feds’ and bank cards’ action is a massive invasion of privacy, and hopefully unconstitutional. And it is NOT “for the children”.
The feds already have a record of firearms owners. If you ever bought a gun from a store the atf and fbi already know. Hell if you have a carry permit they know and the state knows you own guns.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The feds already have a record of firearms owners. If you ever bought a gun from a store the atf and fbi already know. Hell if you have a carry permit they know and the state knows you own guns.
I realize that, but legally the Feds aren’t entitled to that information unless my sheriff or LGS shares it.

This is a huge matter of principle and privacy. If everyone wants to just blow it off, well go right ahead. But I won’t be participating in a rollover.

·
Low speed High drag
2,818 Posts
I realize that, but legally the Feds aren’t entitled to that information unless my sheriff or LGS shares it.

This is a huge matter of principle and privacy. If everyone wants to just blow it off, well go right ahead. But I won’t be participating in a rollover.
Your fingerprints and background are run by the Feds. So your carry permit background was run by the Feds. You buy a new gun everything goes thru the Feds.
So the Feds don't need the Sheriff or LGS. Also a local gun store may talk tough about Feds, but they fold quick when they show up. It's a simple...do I want to stay in business and feed my family or risk it all for a customer...what do you think they chose?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Your fingerprints and background are run by the Feds. So your carry permit background was run by the Feds. You buy a new gun everything goes thru the Feds.
So the Feds don't need the Sheriff or LGS. Also a local gun store may talk tough about Feds, but they fold quick when they show up. It's a simple...do I want to stay in business and feed my family or risk it all for a customer...what do you think they chose?
Once. Just once. If you’re correct. Big difference between once when I first got my CCW and every bloody time we buy ammunition.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Actually, according to my sheriff CCW fingerprints are sent to my State’s SBI, not the Feds. They aren’t supposed to leave our SBI.

Yes, I know him. Small town. Just asked him.

·
Low speed High drag
2,818 Posts
Actually, according to my sheriff CCW fingerprints are sent to my State’s SBI, not the Feds. They aren’t supposed to leave our SBI.

Yes, I know him. Small town. Just asked him.
Fingerprints = fed database = FBI.
FBI in short was ment to spy on the people. So why would you expect them to not have access to anything and everything they want?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
48,665 Posts
And we were worried about foreign enemies…

·
Premium Member
14,811 Posts
Looks like a done deal now. The major card companies have signed off. That’s fine, I’ll just buy my ammunition locally with cash or digital currency.

Time to cancel my one remaining credit card as well.
You roll like I do, lol. I have one credit card, & the limit isn’t very high. I know it’s not the smartest way to do general business, but my dad raised me to stay away from credit cards.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
As much as I dislike digital currency, if I even sniff something like this happening I’ll use Bitcoin or one of its relatives. And my guess is that some ammunition and firearms dealers will go digital currency as well.

Many Marxists are evil but smart. Warren is simply an idiot.

Bloody Communists.
Racist too

Organism Adaptation Happy Font Art

21 - 40 of 54 Posts