Elbow pain or golfer's elbow?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by triggerhappy, Mar 5, 2012.

1. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

I'm not sure if this is common but I've suddenly developed a dull, annoying, constant pain on the inside of my elbow. It happened after I shot 1,000 rounds of ammo spread out on two days using a G17, G19, and G26. I also went shooting at the range 6 times the last two weeks. Called my doctor and he thinks it's from absorbing all the vibration from shooting. I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced this. I don't think I lock my elbows when I shoot.

2. bustedknee

bustedknee New Member

Recoil!

I have Tendonitis in both wrists. When it hurts, I wear a brace to give my wrists a rest and lay off the shooting for a couple days. Also my doctor prescribed a cream that helps.

I got tennis elbow when I was younger from catching so many large salmon. My doctor advised me to ease off on the fishing and find something else to do, like shooting. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

3. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

I developed a nice case of tendonitis in my elbow shortly after my son was born. Doc said it was most likely from luggin' the kid around. I started wearing an elbow brace at work and would try to carry Jr. with my "good" arm. It took about 3 months, but it finally felt fine. I was told if you ignore it, thinking it will just go away, it could get pretty bad. Surgery,any time, is bad news. Maybe you should ask a Dr. An ice pack could't hurt either- especially after all that range time. Lucky Dog!!:rolleyes: