Ejecting issues

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by Virgin_Glocker, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Virgin_Glocker

Virgin_Glocker New Member

Hello everyone, so I took my g22 to the range for the first time. Right off the bat I started having ejecting issues so I talked to one of the guys at the range. He said the gun didn't have enough lube on so he was nice enough to lube up the gun for me. So I tried it out again and it did help but it did jam up on me another 3 times after that but I put 200 rounds through it so I don't know if it's just a matter of breaking it in or what… any ideas anyone?

2. teksid

teksid Well-Known Member

Ther's something bad wrong.It doesn't need breaking in.Send it to Glock.

3. New gun? If so did it still have the factory copper "grease" in it? If it did that's all it needed. The guy telling you it needed more lube IMO is a fool and doesn't know Glocks.

Gen3 or Gen4?

Also I have to ask......is this your first gun? Is it your first Glock?

If the answer is yes to either of the two later questions it may be as simple as a easily corrected operator error.

4. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

^^^ Agree with this

5. Virgin_Glocker

It's a gen3 and I did notice that it had the factory copper grease. It's my first gun so I have a lot of learning to do.

6. Virgin_Glocker

Btw I was shooting federals and winchester white box…

7. I have to run out for a few but I'm more than positive you'll get plenty of good answers and tips.

Especially being a Gen3 more than likely your issue is in your grip or lack there of and possible limp wristing.

8. Virgin_Glocker

Ok thanks mike hopefully it's just a user error that I can correct with practice.

9. Virgin_Glocker

Before i bought my glock I tried a rental and didnt have any issues with that one so that makes me wonder if it's a user issue.

10. You may have been gripping different that day.

Here's a pretty good visual aid. Dude does an excellent explanation and completely shows all angles......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbtLFiL4r-I[/ame]

Check out some more of his vids. He's waaaaay to good for you tube.

Then of course here's one from good ole' Hickock. A little more lengthy but good detail......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22msLVCtPk8&feature=relmfu[/ame]

11. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

good advice given already. Great video. Also if you go to a shop that has a range inside, ask one of the employees to shoot your pistol. See if they have the same issue.

12. Virgin_Glocker

Thanks for all the great advice. Hopefully I can get back out to the range soon so I can try some different techniques and see if that's what's causing the malfunction.

13. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

What I should have said was the gun is fine, it is all your fault, you must be lift wristing or you did something to it when you removed it from the box. There has never been a bad Glock made and you can ship it back via US mail standard if you need to. (totally sarcastic)

I am sure you will get it figured out. :)

14. Virgin_Glocker

So I shipped out my gun today via UPS… the shipment charge was $93.00 wow!!! Wasn't expecting to pay that much! They said being that it is a pistol it had to be over night shipment. My question is, I don't know if anyone's been in this situation, will I get reimbursed by Glock or is that just something I gotta eat up?

15. vindicated

vindicated ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I hope you get your money back, that's ridiculous. I putt 250 rounds of Federal 180 grain through it first time out and didn't have an issue. That really sucks man, I am sorry. :(

EDIT: I limp wristed SEVERAL shots on purpose, and it still didn't jam. +1 for Glock in my opinion.

16. Virgin_Glocker

I sure hope so. Im still learning but I had a good grip on it so I doubt that's what was causing it. When I called turners, were I bought the gun, they were surprised to hear my story. So he suggested that I would send it in to have it looked at.

17. teksid

teksid Well-Known Member

You should have asked Glock for a shipping label.I think sending it back was the thing to do.I have six Glocks(3 Gen 4's)and have owned more.I can limp wrist any of them (on purpose)and not have issues.

18. Did you not take it back to the range and try it out some more?:confused:

You need to contact Glock again. You should not have had to pay for shipping but since you already have they may not reimburse. One member here paid for shipping then called Glock back after being advised by members here and all he got was a couple extra mags when the weapon returned. When I sent one of mine back I was emailed an overnight shipping label.

I sincerely hope you went back to the range a ran a few hundred more rounds through it vs just sending it back because if not you will more than likely be in the same boat when it comes back.

I've seen so many new shooters and new Glock owners give up to soon only to have same issues when the weapons return. Seen it several times on here also.

One of the Gen3's that had over 5000 rounds through it w/o any issue what so ever and on several occasions tried to limp wrist on purpose w/o failure........the first time I put it in my daughters hands she had 7 FTE's in 3 mags. After showing her proper techniques she hasn't had it or any other weapons fail on her since.

19. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

The guy I deal with here gives a lifetime guarantee with every firearm he sells. You have a malfunction, you take it to him. He'll send it to be repaired or give you a new one. His vendors actually PAY HIM to find weapons with problems. This guy is a one-of-a-kind around here... Does ALOT of business. A bad rep in his circle can cost a company alot of sales.

And he deals online.
    ;)

20. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

Valuable / Strike that... INVALUABLE information here to new shooters.

Although I understand that you are in a bit of a hurry to remedy the situation, I really hate that you returned it so quickly. And I feel for you in having any trouble what-so-ever. I've had nothing but a great experience with my 21. I wish that were the case for everyone.

Let us know how it goes Pal. I'm hoping with you that you get your gun back quickly.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012