EDC Light?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by ctc123, May 7, 2012.

1. ctc123

ctc123 New Member

What light do you carry as daily carry light? Or choose weapon mounted?

2. I just picked up a traditional LED Maglite xl50... fits in my tach mount perfectly and it pushes 110 lumens... $30 at Target.

I have a few others that put out more light but honestly... the Maglite is $30 and has high, low, strobe, and runs on AAA... its almost perfect.

Last edited: May 7, 2012

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Yep ^^^^ Maglite I have the LED mini maglite strobe, SOS, High, Low… Perfect really.

4. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

+1 on the Maglite xl50

Man, that thing can throw a beam of light...

5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Attached Files:

6. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

The brightest hand light I have seen to this point is the Blackbear lights at 1050 Lumens. In my job, I've been on this never ending search for a bright light that will cut through smoke. I wonder if this one might do the job. If nothing else, looks like a good home defense light. I may have to give it a try.

7. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Check the specs on it. Over 1 hr run time on Turbo (2000 lumens). For $150 you cannot beat it.

Now if I could only get it mounted here lol (j/k)

Attached Files:

8. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Who needs bullets when you can melt retinas?

9. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Lol it's no joke, thing is Bright.

But you can toggle outputs. 200 lumen for example runs for 18+ hours if I remember correctly.

10. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

The link has the price set at $260.00, I believe it was. So the $150.00 sale must be over. I'm going to google it in a bit to see if I can find another sale price some where. Or, as we say down here in the south....som'ers

11. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Did you enter the code? It's part of the checkout process. It will show the discounted price before final checkout. I saw a post where someone did it on 3 may. So make sure to try.

12. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

13. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Streamlight Microstream

Carry in my off side pocket. Clips in corner of pocket like my pocket knife on the opposite pocket. Every Day Carry means you have it on you not in your truck or bag.
    Clip is configured to slide on ballcap bill. 24 lumens bright enough for most jobs. About $17 and takes 1 AAA battery.

image-687606814.jpg

Attached Files:

14. yeah... OR

15. Danzig

Texas
    Weapon mount; TLR-1s, Insight M-3 w/ LED conv. on pistols. And Surefire M400 handguards on my AR15.

16. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Otherwise I would be talking about my MagCharger...

17. Danzig

Texas
    You gonna mount a 6 D-cell Maglight on a pistol?

18. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Why not?

No, I was referring to the definition given for EDC. On your person everyday.

19. Danzig

Texas
    I know what you meant Blackwolffcf. I was referring to the behemoths not for EDC or weapon mount.