Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend good ear protection some made in USA and some foreign? I understand price is much different

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use Howard Leight Impact Sport audio muffs; I got them from Walmart for 40 or 50.

I like the audios so that I can hear anyone moving around near to me, and this brand has worked well for over a year's useage.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got these at Academy and like them , especially for the price

Protect your ears with the Walker's Adults' EXT Range Shooting Folding Muff, which features a lightweight, padded headband with soft PVC ear pads for a comfortable fit and a compact, folding design for convenient storage. Noise-reduction rating of 34 dB. ANSI S3.19 rated.

Features and Benefits
Lightweight, padded headband and soft PVC ear pads
Compact, folding design
Noise-reduction rating of 34 dB
ANSI S3.19 rated
What's in the Box
Walker's Adults' EXT Range Shooting Folding Muff

$17.99

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/walkers-adults-ext-range-shooting-folding-muff?repChildCatid=1062183

Only issue is when shooting AR15, little bulky when trying to cheek rest on stock, it moves the one a little, so I also use ear plugs to make up the little bit of noise from that

But for pistol for the price they can't hardly be beat

·
Registered
94 Posts
First let me say I wear a hearing aid from years of wearing only ear muffs. I now wear dual hearing protection to protect the one good ear remaining. I primarily shoot long range Highpower rifle competitions so the noise factor is pretty high.
I use a set of custom molded ear plugs available through any of the big box sporting goods stores and a set of electronic ear muffs to hear range commands.
Protect those eyes and ears as much as you can as we only get one set of each.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Howard Leight Impact Pro. Indoors they are sufficient next to any caliber shooter. Outdoors, the Sport are great.

·
Registered
73 Posts
First let me say I wear a hearing aid from years of wearing only ear muffs. I now wear dual hearing protection to protect the one good ear remaining. I primarily shoot long range Highpower rifle competitions so the noise factor is pretty high.
I use a set of custom molded ear plugs available through any of the big box sporting goods stores and a set of electronic ear muffs to hear range commands.
Protect those eyes and ears as much as you can as we only get one set of each.
I agree, I have also started using both ear plugs as well as over the ear , not only with outside rifle but also indoor pistol range too

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
A bit off topic:

My mind was wandering while reading this thread and I remembered seeing a you tube video of some kid in the Philippines using bullets for ear plugs :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
A bit off topic:

My mind was wandering while reading this thread and I remembered seeing a you tube video of some kid in the Philippines using bullets for ear plugs :)
LOL Loaded or un loaded :eek:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I use the electronic Champion muffs I got at Wal-Mart for $25. They're not bad. They are good on battery life. I can hear softer noise and talking when they're not blocking out gun reports. I've never used a good and pricy set of electronic muffs for comparison. I do double up with foam plugs when shooting magnums or indoors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got the Leight sport for like 40~$ the pros block sound better but are way bigger so for aiming I figured I'd try these first as I'll probably have a few in no time for the gear pile

·
Registered
166 Posts
Another vote for the Howard Leight Impact Sport electronic hearing protection, work great for IDPA where you need to hear the SO giving you commands.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts