Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I am only 18, ain't no secret.

I was born with a hearing loss, genetics or something like that. I used to have hearing aids when I was younger, they broke, no money to replace them, so I have gone without for awhile.

New insurance just so happens to cover hearing aids, only because I am under 21. So we have some brand new fancy hearing aids on order, the in the canal type.

So the question is...
Do I just leave them in my ears, shut them off? Do they work as ear plugs when the are shut off?
Should I take them out and wear my usual earpro?
Or should I leave them in and turned on while wearing muffs?

I usually wear ear muffs, thinking about different options.

What say you?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Stick with ear muffs, why stick anything in your ears if you don't have too.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been looking into the sure fires but I tend to agree with Dutch...

Looking into the least hassle solution, seems to me to be just to put on muffs...

Don't want the hearing aids to get damaged though...

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
14,133 Posts
That's the beauty of the Surefire...you can talk without removing them, but gun shots get cut off.

But yea, I understand not wanting to take the hearing aids in and out...

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
i always wore muffs working on airplanes in the Navy they are very good. I just dont know cause I dont have too and they plugs are more comfy to me.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guy at the hearing center said that his customers that hunt use this Sonic system. Can't remember the name but they cost $$$$, he said they are great. I just would rather not have to take the hearing aids out and put something else in... I do tend to loose things...

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I think a good pair of muffs would be your best option then. Harder to lose and you wouldn't have to worry about taking out your hearing aids. :)

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So... What are the best muffs? I just have a $3 pair I picked up at goodwill... Looking into something better, hopefully something that I can wear my cowboy hat with...

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He obviously pushes the product that he services.... Aint got that kind of money for this sonic system thing he was talking about....

He is a service provider, not a doctor.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Just find the pair that reduces the decibel level the best, that you can afford, you 're a whiz on the net. They really are not all that much different unless you spend alot more.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I have Winchesters as well -pink ones. My son bought them for me as a joke. They work great. :)

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Caseyglock19 said:
I've been using the beats audio one that came with my phone and rocking out to some tunes. They have been working great.
They work as ear pro?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts