Ear pro and hearing aids...

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by BLCKWLF, May 20, 2012.

1. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Yes, I am only 18, ain't no secret.

I was born with a hearing loss, genetics or something like that. I used to have hearing aids when I was younger, they broke, no money to replace them, so I have gone without for awhile.

New insurance just so happens to cover hearing aids, only because I am under 21. So we have some brand new fancy hearing aids on order, the in the canal type.

So the question is...
    Do I just leave them in my ears, shut them off? Do they work as ear plugs when the are shut off?
    Should I take them out and wear my usual earpro?
    Or should I leave them in and turned on while wearing muffs?

I usually wear ear muffs, thinking about different options.

What say you?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Stick with ear muffs, why stick anything in your ears if you don't have too.

4. Tape

Tape New Member

ditto, much easier when talking to a person not having to pull out the plugs then reinsert them

5. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Been looking into the sure fires but I tend to agree with Dutch...

Looking into the least hassle solution, seems to me to be just to put on muffs...

Don't want the hearing aids to get damaged though...

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

That's the beauty of the Surefire...you can talk without removing them, but gun shots get cut off.

But yea, I understand not wanting to take the hearing aids in and out...

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

i always wore muffs working on airplanes in the Navy they are very good. I just dont know cause I dont have too and they plugs are more comfy to me.

8. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

The guy at the hearing center said that his customers that hunt use this Sonic system. Can't remember the name but they cost $$$$, he said they are great. I just would rather not have to take the hearing aids out and put something else in... I do tend to loose things...

9. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

I think a good pair of muffs would be your best option then. Harder to lose and you wouldn't have to worry about taking out your hearing aids. :)

10. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

So... What are the best muffs? I just have a $3 pair I picked up at goodwill... Looking into something better, hopefully something that I can wear my cowboy hat with...

11. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

ask the doctor who measures your ears:)

12. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

He obviously pushes the product that he services.... Aint got that kind of money for this sonic system thing he was talking about....

He is a service provider, not a doctor.

13. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Just find the pair that reduces the decibel level the best, that you can afford, you 're a whiz on the net. They really are not all that much different unless you spend alot more.

14. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

You guys use Howard leight or however it's spelled? Heard those were pretty good.

15. Tape

Tape New Member

your 3$ muffs are fine, fill them with cotton balls if needed.

16. Tape

Tape New Member

I use the 14$ winchesters and use the other money for ammo

17. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

What's Db reduction on those?

18. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

I have Winchesters as well -pink ones. My son bought them for me as a joke. They work great. :)

19. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

I've been using the beats audio one that came with my phone and rocking out to some tunes. They have been working great.

20. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

They work as ear pro?