Glock Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I bought a Glock 20C that begins with E on the serial number. I read they had problems with some of the rails breaking off on some of these runs. I was unaware of it when I purchased it. The gun itself is in excellent shape but while detail cleaning it with froglube I noticed not on the rear rails but the front 2 rails have small cracks in them one side worse than the other. The one pictured is the left side and if you look closely you can see the crack. I am worried that this will eventually break off especially firing the 10mm. Is it something to worry about or do all models get these cracks eventualy from normal wear, any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
Are you sure it's a Crack and not just machine marks or excess polymer? Some of my glocks have marks on the rails that can be mistaken for cracks but they aren't. I can't really see anything in the picture

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have you tried contacting Glock? I would attempt to send it in just to make sure, last thing you want is something bad to happen. It can be a little pricey from what I've read on here but the life you save may be your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im positive its a crack I can fit my fingernail in it. If you look close on the right one looking at the picture toward the front of the rail next to the frame there is a crack. Its bigger in person. On the other side you cant see it in the picture but it is smaller but also has a crack.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I contacted them and said I could send it in. From the looks of it it will be $60.00 shipping though but its a small price to pay like you said to have something bad happen because of it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can just send regular mail you dont have to even tell them its a firearm remember you can send a firearm to a ffl or gun dealer

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Send it to Glock and they will give you a new frame. I just sent one of my 22's off today with a broken frame rail. It is a F series also known to have problems. From what I was told by the tech on the phone there will be no charge for the frame replacement. Call Glock warranty and they will send you a email with a PDF attached with the paperwork to return your gun.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Yea I contacted them and said I could send it in. From the looks of it it will be $60.00 shipping though but its a small price to pay like you said to have something bad happen because of it.
Should be no charge, that is what they told me for mine.

OOOPS misunderstood, shipping should be much less if you send it through your FFL. My LGS is doing it for cost, and promised no transfer fee. But then I have bought several guns from them as well as transfers. Should be under $25.

·
Certified Glock Armorer
4,715 Posts
You can just send regular mail you dont have to even tell them its a firearm remember you can send a firearm to a ffl or gun dealer

This isn't a good idea, you could lose your gun and be charged with a crime. Think about it, your sending a box the size and weight of a gun to a gun dealer. Unless your a FFL you must send overnight and only to a FFL. It might be cheaper to have a FFL mail it for you even if they charge a little for their time.

NRA member, GSSF member and a GCA ♠
Sent from my Commodore 64 yesterday ©

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This isn't a good idea, you could lose your gun and be charged with a crime. Think about it, your sending a box the size and weight of a gun to a gun dealer. Unless your a FFL you must send overnight and only to a FFL. It might be cheaper to have a FFL mail it for you even if they charge a little for their time.

Your right I just called my LGS and they said it would be around $17 so that is a big relief.

·
Banned
51 Posts

I was understanding that guns just had to be shipped to a ffl not necessarily from an ffl... But it has to be received at an ffl. They wouldn't ship it any different than you or I. Now I'm not saying your wrong because I don't know for sure but I could have sworn I heard or read that from some where with creditablity.

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
I am pretty sure that you only have to have it transferred through a FFL to FFL if it's not your firearm yet, or if you're selling it to someone. But if it's your firearm and registered to you already then you don't have to use a FFL to ship it.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
I am pretty sure that you only have to have it transferred through a FFL to FFL if it's not your firearm yet, or if you're selling it to someone. But if it's your firearm and registered to you already then you don't have to use a FFL to ship it.
This is true, but not if you ship USPS, only FFL's can use the US Postal Service. Fedex and UPS are very expensive. And then Glock will not ship a frame back to you, unless you have a FFL. So a person has to go through a FFL anyway.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
I was understanding that guns just had to be shipped to a ffl not necessarily from an ffl... But it has to be received at an ffl. They wouldn't ship it any different than you or I. Now I'm not saying your wrong because I don't know for sure but I could have sworn I heard or read that from some where with creditablity.
If the gun is returning with the same SN it can be shipped direct to the owner. I have had a couple guns worked on that were shipped directly back to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i've had my ruger out for service and they shipped it directly back to me after replacing all the internal frame components. as long as the gun is registered to you and as walkingwolf said if its got same S/N its your gun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts