Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good duty holster for my Glock 23. I'm trying to decide if I want a level 2 or 3 so any info you can give me like why you like or dislike a brand would be helpful.
Thanks

·
Registered
624 Posts
I had the Bianchi accumold for years. I switched to the Blackhawk! serpa 3 last year. I really like this holster. There was nothing wrong with my old one, it worked fine. But I use a serpa for concealed carry so I wanted it to be more similar. Can't say enough good things about the Blackhawk! products.

·
Slightly Opinionated
235 Posts
I have a Blackhawk Serpa holster level 2 for both of my Glocks and my Sig. I love them and also use the Serpa off duty for daily carry. The duty rig is the fully-covered front and the off-duty has the open front. I chose level 2 for on duty because the off duty holster is a 2 and I don't want to fumble for that extra catch during stress. I practice with them frequently. When I go on duty, I unload the gun, inspect the gun, ammo, and magazine, pop the mag in but do NOT chamber a round, and holster. I then draw a dozen or so times and aim at whatever catches my eye, then slowly reholster as I scan. After I have done that a few times, I chamber a round and holster, ready to begin. On the few occasions I have had to draw under stress I found the gun in my hand before even thinking about it, and the instructor at the academy during the traffic stops class even remarked at the speed and smoothness of my draw. Not only is it good training, it's fun. :D

Anyone getting a new duty/daily carry rig - please practice the draw at least a hundred times (with a loaded mag in but a clear chamber in a safe place) if not two hundred BEFORE carrying it. It will pay off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I used a Blackhawk Serpa Level 3 up until December of last year. That's when I switched to a Safariland 6360. Both are great holsters, I'd check both of them out. I find that it's quicker to draw from the Blackhawk right out of the box. Tool me a little practice to draw faster with the Safariland.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Anyone getting a new duty/daily carry rig - please practice the draw at least a hundred times (with a loaded mag in but a clear chamber in a safe place) if not two hundred BEFORE carrying it. It will pay off.
I could not agree more. I have a Blackhawk! "dummy gun" I use to practice the draw. You might look funny doing it but it makes a big difference under stress. We had a local LEO that couldn't get the pistol out when a thug pointed a gun at him. Luckily the thug had a POS pistol and it did not fire. Practice could mean the difference between life and death.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys still not sure witch one I'll get yet but I will check out the ones you have suggested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts