Duracoated Glock Frame Photos needed

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by remac, Mar 26, 2012.

1. remac

remac New Member

So I have been looking for an OD Glock and frankly am appalled at what people are charging for them. I mean come on they were the same price new as the black ones and a Glock is a Glock. I could see a $50 or maybe even a $100 premium but not $300 like I have been seeing. Hell you could almost buy a second gun for a $300 premium! So all of that said I was thinking about either Duracoating or painting one of my frames to satisfy the desire. Can some of you that have done it post some pics of what they look like after carrying them etc for a few months?

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum remac !!

Moved to the correct sub forum: Glock Photos

3. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

Welcome & I'm looking forward to seeing some pix of a duracoated frame (that's been used for a while)

4. Here is my G22C. The frame is Duracoated Sniper Green and the slide, pins, trigger, and levers are all factory color. I do regularly carry this firearm (minus the extended barrel and 22 round mag. of course).

[​IMG]

5. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

So it's held up well? From the pics it looks so. How long ago did you duracoat it ?

6. iamthedood

YEP ... inquiring minds want to know !!

7. shoognite

shoognite New Member

I duracoated this one a while ago in FDE. It's been beat to hell and back now with little damage to the duracoat. I also did an AR using their new "shake and bake" system with good results. It's a crappy iphone pic. It looks splotchy and drippy but it isn't.

[​IMG]

8. I had it Duracoated at a local shop about a year ago now. In WI we recently got our CC privilege, so I haven't been carrying very long. I got my permit in early January of this year and started CC'ing it at least 3 days a week since then. I've been carrying in a Blackhawk leather IWB holster. I've put just under 500 rounds through it since then.

Yes so far it has held up very well. I haven't done any "torture" tests on it though. Don't know how it would react to a Kydex holster or other hard holster. With leather it has held up great so far for 3 months. :)

9. iamthedood

sounds like that duracoat is living up to it's name ....
    hmm
    sounds legit

10. glocknloaded

I know I am think of duracoating my 17 but that's like the love of my life and defacing her makes me nervous but she would look so pretty in FDE to match my new AR 15 build

11. Duracoat is pretty durable. Me and a friend did end up burning it off a barrel of his HK rifle though, but then again blasting 500+ rounds in less then 5 minutes I guess will do that I guess. There is a different version of Duracoat meant for "machine guns".

12. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Here are my duracoated glocks...

Z-

Attached Files:

13. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Nice work! Those look good! Did you use a gloss clear? They seem shiney.

14. I was just going to say the same thing. Looks good though. :D

15. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Thanks guys. Believe it or not, it's the FLAT spray! LOL. The lighting and flash on my phone camera makes it look shiny.

So far it's held up well. I also did the barrels in green, but that wore off pretty quick :-(

Rest of the gun is good. I'm looking at doing an older P16-40 Limited I have next. I intend to leave the slide Stainless and paint the frame Black.

16. I can duracoat it at a very competitive price.

17. M22

M22 Member

WMass
    Here's a my Timberwolf frame done in combat green

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. glocknloaded

Looks great... I really want to do my 17 but am gonna wait until I buy my 23