Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
80P with Zaffiri slide. Cheap LPK. Slide seems to go on just fine. Trying to remove it is the issue. When I release the take down catch the slide comes forward and brings the trigger with it. I thought the trigger bar was hanging on the firing pin safety plunger as there is some scoring on both sides of the plunger. I stoned and filed the trigger bar/plunger hump down some but the issue is only marginally better, not normal. Sometimes, if I pull the trigger after it rides forward it will "thunk" and release. I'm starting to suspect the firing pin interface that hangs down from the slide. I don't remember where I got the slide kit from. Are there different firing pins that might cause this hangup? Any suggestions/questions?
Thanx
Mike

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
There are quite few complaints in the Poly 80 community with the Zaffiri slides in particular,assuming it isn't out of spec I would suspect it's the dreaded tolerance stacking rearing it's ugly head.
I always use Glock OEM lower parts in a build and I know they are tuff to source at reasonable prices these days however if it was me I would try to source the parts even if it was peace meal.

That said you stated, "I thought the trigger bar was hanging on the firing pin safety plunger as there is some scoring on both sides of the plunger. I stoned and filed the trigger bar/plunger hump down some but the issue is only marginally better."
I don't know if you used a Glock OEM upper parts kit or not but the OEM safety plunger has a hard line around the button head and you said you stoned the safety plunger but I have found that that hard circumference line/separation has to be part of what is stoned smoothed and then polished to a mirror finish,I'm attaching a link to a site explaining it.

Also a link to where Marine Gun Builder's can be found.

Reactions: Griddler

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I slightly mis-wrote, I did not stone the plunger but the the "finger" on the trigger bar that actuates it. I will look at the video, thanx. Is it possible to put the "wrong" firing pin in? And, have an improper interface with the connector? I will buy an OEM LPK. Or, as long as I'm gonna replace the trigger should I just get an upgraded trigger assembly? How can I determine if there is an issue with slide?
Just watched the video, I don't think my issue is as simple as slide drag, unless it is really severe!!

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
I slightly mis-wrote, I did not stone the plunger but the the "finger" on the trigger bar that actuates it. I will look at the video, thanx. Is it possible to put the "wrong" firing pin in? And, have an improper interface with the connector? I will buy an OEM LPK. Or, as long as I'm gonna replace the trigger should I just get an upgraded trigger assembly? How can I determine if there is an issue with slide?
Stone and polish the plunger and retest, it holds that amount of importance in fixing slide drag.
You can upgrade the trigger system and spend almost any amount of money doing it,I would suggest highly polish the OEM trigger parts and get the gun up and running.

I'm going to include a link to what I refer to as Glock Trigger University,the fellow is known as Jonny Glock and knows more about Glock triggers than perhaps even Glock Inc.,most of what he posts is for instructional information but much can be gleamed from it.
Yes he does sell triggers but you can greatly improve your Glock trigger from the information he provides and it will give you a better idea of what it is you want from a Glock trigger.

As far as the slide being in or out of spec it will require a caliper and a Glock slide to compare the Zaffiri measurements to determine.

Is your FP/striker a OEM or third party supplier? I know a .40 S&W will fit in a 9 MM but will not usually work with a 9 MM cruciform, without there being engagement percentages that may render it unsafe.
I have a suspension it maybe related to your non OEM trigger bar.

Reactions: Griddler

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
I had this issue and it turned out to be the firing pin safety plunger, I put the spring in backwards and it stuck up too much.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a bunch of P80s. I can switch slides and some won't reset the trigger or release the firing pin. If I swap out the firing pin assemblies to the original that i built the gun with it works fine. after market firing pins are all over the map in dimensions. I got a bunch of pins from a supposed high end company that were on sale and some work fine and others need tuning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts