Oregon Dundee GSSF?

Discussion in 'North West USA' started by Silver-Bolt, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt Well-Known Member

Anyone shooting the GSSF in Dundee this weekend? Wife and I are and also my 73yo mother.

2. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I was hoping to but my husband developed heart problems while we were in Seattle. He is currently in the cardiac critical care unit at the UW medical center. If they stabilize him, I will try to get home over the weekend to catch up on stuff and shoot the match before coming back to Seattle. Otherwise I will have to wait until the one in August. Good luck to you all if I don't see you there!

3. I'll say a prayer for your husband. My wife was a cardiac care unit nurse for 32 years, Ive seen how hospitalization affects spouses. This is a trying time. Take care of yourself. One day at a time. God Bless.

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed – where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

Member:VCDL,GOA,NRA,NSSF,Oathkeepers
    G19/4,G29/4

4. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Thank you so much Khackee!

5. FinancialDan

FinancialDan New Member

I'll be there... haven't shot a comp since January. Now that Little League season is over I finally have some free time again.

Sent from my iPad using Glock Forum

6. dsd1212

dsd1212 Member

Sorry to hear about your husband. I hope everything works out and he's back up and at em in no time :)

7. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Thank you very much...he is still in the ICU but there is a chance they might move him out to the regular cardiac unit today. If they do, I will drive back tomorrow and shoot the match Sunday. I could use the distraction :)

8. NWGlockgal I will say a prayer as well for you and your husband. God Bless and good luck to y'all in the GSSF Match!!

NRAGSSFKy CCDW

9. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Thanks so much!

10. sglide05

sglide05 Very Cool Member Supporter

I hope he gets better soon.

11. sglide05

My friend and I are going to shoot the match.

12. Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt Well-Known Member

Not many shooters this morning. I was not on my game today. Best time on the plates was 4.6 seconds. Not going to win anything going that slow. Had fun. My mother shot her first match at the ripe old age of 72 and now is hooked. She is already planning to do the August GSSF.

13. FinancialDan

FinancialDan New Member

I was there... saw her and your wife shoot... got there a little late to see your runs, though. I think your mom shot the plates better than I did!! It was fun though... shooting always is.

Sent from my iPad using Glock Forum

14. sglide05

I was there on Sunday. I had a few misses on the "M" and the "5" but hit all the plates. I know I'll never win first place but it's a lot of fun. I meet lots of cool people.

15. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

How'd everyone do ? I didn't do great, but better than last year. I am 35th out of 85.
    Two misses cost me about 10 places....will have to practice those long range shots !

16. luvninaross

luvninaross New Member

What was the range?

17. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

The farthest targets are 75 feet, which may not seem like much to many people, but I generally don't don't shoot at that distance.

18. sglide05

I was 47th out of 85.

19. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Good job! I had a lot of fun. I drove back from Seattle and then headed straight to the match. I'll blame my misses on being tired...can't possibly be due to my skill level, lol.

20. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

To me having fun is what it is all about. I'll never even get close to winning first place, but I always hold out hope I'll win a free Glock :)