Dueling tree

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by crytsr1, Feb 12, 2012.

1. crytsr1

crytsr1 New Member

Here's a video of a set of dueling trees a buddy and I built. Lots of trial and error and testing;) but we think we've got it. We built this one with 3/8" mild steel not ar and have shot 1000+ rounds with no damage. We know it will handle .380-.45acp. We used mild steel just to keep cost down we do have ar steel but others use that and are very expensive. Let me know what you think.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0kSZd9txIQ&context=C30acf23ADOEgsToPDskLjW5m3Wk8qZ_RFwDrs_wTg[/ame]

2. I've got a tree from Action Target. Insane fun and great training tool. They do tend cause a person to expend an *** load of ammo haha.

3. That makes a great target, looks like fun. And yes, a good way to expend a bunch of ammo, also good practice for changing point of aim.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum crytsr1 !!

Well done on that dueling tree...

5. DarthCadillac

DarthCadillac New Member

Looks great. Now I have to go get one :)

6. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome, and that is awesome! Reminds me of Top Shot season 1 haha.

7. crytsr1

crytsr1 New Member

We are talking with a few different metal companies locally to see if we can get a better price on metal and then I will post a new thread and then I'll post up a new thread with pricing. We also have a rimfire set I'll post a video of that too. Shipping is my concern they do weigh a bit!

8. CJKOLCUN

CJKOLCUN New Member

That looks great and looks like alot of fun.

9. Shooting98

Shooting98 Member

Looks like a lot of fun.

10. malladus

malladus New Member

Dueling trees are way fun. I got a buddy who among other things has two of them. Once a year he puts on his own match and has a man on man stage that uses both of them. If you get to shooters with about the same ability its fun, but if you get someone who is slow and one who is fast it gets painful to watch.

malladus

11. crytsr1

crytsr1 New Member

Here's a rimfire version no difference other than lighter steel used in paddles.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWBG_WPlTyA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]