Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a IWB kydex holster that has a thumb break also or something like a thumb break? Im a volunteer firefighter and would like a kydex IWB holster that I could have an extra rettention for when I have to respond so I wouldnt have to worry about my gun falling out if Im having to run jump climb or many things that would be required on numerous different calls.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Personally, I don't think I'd be wearing a gun in my bunker gear. Also, you might want to check dept policy. Volunteer dept's are still (in my experience) managed/paid for by a city/county gov't. That gov't body is responsible for everything you do as a member of the dept, when you're acting in an official capacity. Somehow, I doubt they would approve of a volunteer carrying on either a fire or a rescue call. I know the 3 depts I volunteered for between ages 18-24 would've absolutely freaked out if anyone was carrying. That was one county dept, one (small) city dept and one village dept. It was an absolute no-no.

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont carry while in bunker gear although Im not a big fan of fighting structure fires most of the time I run pumps or take other tasks an let people who like it make interior attacks..I really love working wildland fires.Either way Ive gotten permission to carry,and even if I didnt Im willing to take the risk because Ive been on fires where there were lets say verry unruly subjects and in such a large county where theres usualy only about 4or5 deputies on duty police help is normaly a long time away. So im not going to put risk of jail time before the saftey of me and other firefighters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.