Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,925 Posts
I think the DriFire mag is cool but it’s a bit too expensive in my opinion.
The Glock ETrainer seems meh. I want to feel the trigger break.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
the mag device, way too expensive, especially since i have 2 brands of guns

the Glock device, is for Glocks only

i bought snap caps which fit all my 9MM mags, and .45 ACP snap caps, which fit those.

way cheaper.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
They sell a spring kit for different trigger weights.
Personally, I ordered the 'Glock Spring Pak', which includes 6 springs from 3.25 to 10+ lbs, so I can train with 'heavier than stock' spring weights. :)

Best regards,

Bob

·
Registered
432 Posts
I reviewed/gave feedback for the guy who originally developed the Glocketrainer when he was first trying to see if there would be any interest in the US. It functions fine and works as advertised (easy on/off) but the end result is an extremely lightweight pull without a wall.

If you put a NY2 trigger spring in the Gun with the Glocketrainer you do get a ~4-5lb pull. Still no wall/break but heavy enough to have value for dry fire training. I liked it with the NY2 but if you don’t own multiple pistols, one would have to push the frame pins out every time they wanted to train.

It wasn’t long after working with Glocketrainer that I discovered the SIRT and have never found anything as close to a real Glock trigger - or as easy to train with. My dry fire setup around the SIRT became a meaningful investment but I have never regretted it - especially now.

I never tried the resetting magazine but I have done just about everything else under the sun - resetting triggers, 17R, dummy rounds, laser cartridges, laser reactive targets, MantisX and I’m sure there’s more. The SIRT+LASRApp as the best setup for improving skills that I’ve used. I’d love to try some of the situational software (uses a projector) but doubt I’ll ever make that investment myself.

·
Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
Itarget pro uses the glock, or whatever gun, including the trigger, break and all. One set up, 7 guns in my case, 6 glocks and my M9. Only thing missing is recoil, noise and smell.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I echo Danzig's sentiments on both of the products. Dig the Dryfire mag, but was surprised how expensive it was. Like mattm, use the Itarget laser cartridge everyday for dryfire practice, really like it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a bunch of the Sirt gear, including three pistols, the AR-15 bolt, and their software. It's ok. I don't like the Sirt trigger. I have the Glock 17R and 22P pistols, which I tend to use the most.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
From my perspective, it's matter of need (want?) and money.

Since I use the 'Call your shots' technique...

Pro Tip: CPL Travis Tomasie on Calling Your Shots | Shooting USA

... I don't need a laser or a MantisX to confirm the POI, especially when dry firing.

What I do need is a trigger that resets to dry fire practice self defense and action pistol shooting.

For example, my indoor practice stage is pictured below.

Bob's USPSA practice stage 1c.jpg

As may be noted, there are 3 white barricades, around which (red arrows) I engage 4 sets of 4 small targets (green arrows) with 2 shots per target, moving (yellow arrows) and reloading from the start position to positions 1 - 6 in sequence (white numbers).

Furthermore, I vary the stage execution by sometimes moving right to left, then left to right... shooting right handed, then left handed... and shooting two handed, then one handed.

Obviously, a 'single shot' system won't work for me... I need a resetting trigger.

Currently, I remove the trigger connector to make a 'mushy' resetting trigger so I can 'run the stage', but I'd rather that the trigger have a more realistic 'feel'.

The DryFireMag will (hopefully) address the trigger 'feel' issue, but, unfortunately, given that the DryFireMag doesn't drop freely and must be stripped from the well, it seems that reloading during the run must be sacrificed... plus, given that I use 6 magazines, at $100 per mag, I'm not willing to spend $600 on DryFireMags.

So, my current plan is to sometimes practice without a trigger connector (to practice reloading while moving) and sometimes practice with the DryFireMag (for the 'realistic' trigger).

We'll see how it works out. :rolleyes: :D

Best regards,

Bob

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,925 Posts
From my perspective, it's matter of need (want?) and money.

Since I use the 'Call your shots' technique...

Pro Tip: CPL Travis Tomasie on Calling Your Shots | Shooting USA

... I don't need a laser or a MantisX to confirm the POI, especially when dry firing.

What I do need is a trigger that resets to dry fire practice self defense and action pistol shooting.

For example, my indoor practice stage is pictured below.

View attachment 214653

As may be noted, there are 3 white barricades, around which (red arrows) I engage 4 sets of 4 small targets (green arrows) with 2 shots per target, moving (yellow arrows) and reloading from the start position to positions 1 - 6 in sequence (white numbers).

Furthermore, I vary the stage execution by sometimes moving right to left, then left to right... shooting right handed, then left handed... and shooting two handed, then one handed.

Obviously, a 'single shot' system won't work for me... I need a resetting trigger.

Currently, I remove the trigger connector to make a 'mushy' resetting trigger so I can 'run the stage', but I'd rather that the trigger have a more realistic 'feel'.

The DryFireMag will (hopefully) address the trigger 'feel' issue, but, unfortunately, given that the DryFireMag doesn't drop freely and must be stripped from the well, it seems that reloading during the run must be sacrificed... plus, given that I use 6 magazines, at $100 per mag, I'm not willing to spend $600 on DryFireMags.

So, my current plan is to sometimes practice without a trigger connector (to practice reloading while moving) and sometimes practice with the DryFireMag (for the 'realistic' trigger).

We'll see how it works out. :rolleyes: :D

Best regards,

Bob
Damn John Wayne, you ain’t playing around!:p

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just ordered, thank you.
Me, too! :D

Best regards,

Bob
I am very much looking forward to your reviews. I saw this product a couple of weeks ago but passed on it due to the price, which seemed really expensive for what it was. I ended up buying a LaserLyte pistol/target combo. I addition, I bought a Pink Rhino 9mm cartridge. I've used the LaserLyte many times and like it. I haven't used the Pink Rhino yet (need to clean my G19 and Shield 2.0 first).

·
Super Moderator
62,590 Posts
I am very much looking forward to your reviews. I saw this product a couple of weeks ago but passed on it due to the price, which seemed really expensive for what it was. I ended up buying a LaserLyte pistol/target combo. I addition, I bought a Pink Rhino 9mm cartridge. I've used the LaserLyte many times and like it. I haven't used the Pink Rhino yet (need to clean my G19 and Shield 2.0 first).
I’m on my 5th laserlyte.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts