Dryfire Training devices.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by j102, Jul 12, 2020.

1. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

rbbeers and Southlake like this.
  2. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I think the DriFire mag is cool but it’s a bit too expensive in my opinion.
    The Glock ETrainer seems meh. I want to feel the trigger break.

Richard Davis likes this.

3. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Just ordered, thank you.

j102 and rbbeers like this.
  4. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Me, too! :D

Best regards,

Bob

j102 and Southlake like this.
  5. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

You two ordering says a lot about it. I need to buy some shares of the company.

Southlake, rbbeers and Danzig like this.
  6. Southlake

We like toys.

Bob will most likely take it apart so he can re-engineer it and make it better.

I will most likely dry fire it relentlessly to see if it holds up to physical abuse.

Fab, j102, mattm and 2 others like this.
  7. buddy157

buddy157 Active Member

the mag device, way too expensive, especially since i have 2 brands of guns

the Glock device, is for Glocks only

i bought snap caps which fit all my 9MM mags, and .45 ACP snap caps, which fit those.

way cheaper.

8. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Yep, I believe it.
    They sell a spring kit for different trigger weights.

rbbeers and Southlake like this.
  9. rbbeers

Personally, I ordered the 'Glock Spring Pak', which includes 6 springs from 3.25 to 10+ lbs, so I can train with 'heavier than stock' spring weights. :)

Best regards,

Bob

Fab, j102, Danzig and 1 other person like this.
  10. GlockGuide

GlockGuide Active Member

I reviewed/gave feedback for the guy who originally developed the Glocketrainer when he was first trying to see if there would be any interest in the US. It functions fine and works as advertised (easy on/off) but the end result is an extremely lightweight pull without a wall.

If you put a NY2 trigger spring in the Gun with the Glocketrainer you do get a ~4-5lb pull. Still no wall/break but heavy enough to have value for dry fire training. I liked it with the NY2 but if you don’t own multiple pistols, one would have to push the frame pins out every time they wanted to train.

It wasn’t long after working with Glocketrainer that I discovered the SIRT and have never found anything as close to a real Glock trigger - or as easy to train with. My dry fire setup around the SIRT became a meaningful investment but I have never regretted it - especially now.

I never tried the resetting magazine but I have done just about everything else under the sun - resetting triggers, 17R, dummy rounds, laser cartridges, laser reactive targets, MantisX and I’m sure there’s more. The SIRT+LASRApp as the best setup for improving skills that I’ve used. I’d love to try some of the situational software (uses a projector) but doubt I’ll ever make that investment myself.

Danzig and Southlake like this.
  11. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

Itarget pro uses the glock, or whatever gun, including the trigger, break and all. One set up, 7 guns in my case, 6 glocks and my M9. Only thing missing is recoil, noise and smell.

Richard Davis likes this.
  12. Richard Davis

Richard Davis Well-Known Member

I echo Danzig's sentiments on both of the products. Dig the Dryfire mag, but was surprised how expensive it was. Like mattm, use the Itarget laser cartridge everyday for dryfire practice, really like it.

mattm likes this.
  13. 58sniper

58sniper New Member

I have a bunch of the Sirt gear, including three pistols, the AR-15 bolt, and their software. It's ok. I don't like the Sirt trigger. I have the Glock 17R and 22P pistols, which I tend to use the most.

14. Chambered

Chambered Well-Known Member Supporter

I have test drove the https://coolfiretrainer.com but I haven't bought it yet. Cycling of the slide and practicing reloading seems like a good deal.

Southlake likes this.
  15. rbbeers

From my perspective, it's matter of need (want?) and money.

Since I use the 'Call your shots' technique...

Pro Tip: CPL Travis Tomasie on Calling Your Shots | Shooting USA

... I don't need a laser or a MantisX to confirm the POI, especially when dry firing.

What I do need is a trigger that resets to dry fire practice self defense and action pistol shooting.

For example, my indoor practice stage is pictured below.

Bob's USPSA practice stage 1c.jpg

As may be noted, there are 3 white barricades, around which (red arrows) I engage 4 sets of 4 small targets (green arrows) with 2 shots per target, moving (yellow arrows) and reloading from the start position to positions 1 - 6 in sequence (white numbers).

Furthermore, I vary the stage execution by sometimes moving right to left, then left to right... shooting right handed, then left handed... and shooting two handed, then one handed.

Obviously, a 'single shot' system won't work for me... I need a resetting trigger.

Currently, I remove the trigger connector to make a 'mushy' resetting trigger so I can 'run the stage', but I'd rather that the trigger have a more realistic 'feel'.

The DryFireMag will (hopefully) address the trigger 'feel' issue, but, unfortunately, given that the DryFireMag doesn't drop freely and must be stripped from the well, it seems that reloading during the run must be sacrificed... plus, given that I use 6 magazines, at $100 per mag, I'm not willing to spend $600 on DryFireMags.

So, my current plan is to sometimes practice without a trigger connector (to practice reloading while moving) and sometimes practice with the DryFireMag (for the 'realistic' trigger).

We'll see how it works out. :rolleyes: :D

Best regards,

Bob

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    Fab, TheKraken, SGCMember and 3 others like this.
  16. Richard Davis

Richard Davis Well-Known Member

Any one want to take a wager that Bob - in "real life" - is an engineer? Just saying....

17. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Damn John Wayne, you ain’t playing around!:p

Chambered, j102 and rbbeers like this.
  18. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

I think Bob is Gaston Glock himself....

TheKraken, SGCMember and rbbeers like this.
  19. I am very much looking forward to your reviews. I saw this product a couple of weeks ago but passed on it due to the price, which seemed really expensive for what it was. I ended up buying a LaserLyte pistol/target combo. I addition, I bought a Pink Rhino 9mm cartridge. I've used the LaserLyte many times and like it. I haven't used the Pink Rhino yet (need to clean my G19 and Shield 2.0 first).

rbbeers likes this.
  20. Southlake

I’m on my 5th laserlyte.

SGCMember and TheKraken like this.