Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
In my experience, very good choice in terms of milspec compliance, durability, as well as accuracy of manufacture. I only buy lower receivers and other parts, so I cannot comment on whole ARs.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I heard they are good.
I highly recommend Stag Arms and their Plus Package.
I have two ARs, a RRA and a Stag.
Everybody talks about how good RRA are, and it's true, they are really good. But, I like my Stag more.
Either one would be a great rifle.

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
They make some great AR-15's and AR-10's. They are a great overall company.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
They're good but not the best. It'll be reliable enough for any casual shooter. I would recommend LMT, Rock River Arms, Sig Arms 556 SWAT Patrol, or BCM.

·
No warning shots here
457 Posts
Look into Daniel Defense I have a ddm4v7 and wouldn't regret my decision one bit. I was looking into the dpms as well same with Colt and I went with the Daniel Defense. The skies the limit when you are dealing with ar's it is also addicting before I knew it I dropped $2200 on the rifle and optics, back up iron sights, accessories so be prepared to fall into the sickness they call Ar's buddy.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I looked long and hard at DPMS and liked what I saw. As it happens, my shooting buddy just got one and we took it to the range for its first outing this past Sunday. Tightly put together, well-finished, shot beautifully. I ended up with Windham Weaponry, from the company established a couple of years ago by Richard Dyke, the original founder of Bushmaster. After he sold Bushmaster to the Cerberus group some years back, they closed the plant in Windham, Maine, and when his non-competition period ended he got together a team from the original Bushmaster and started Windham Weaponry. I absolutely love this rifle.

·
Registered
486 Posts
My upper is a DPMS Oracle, been flawless. No issues, very accurate. I shoot 3 gun competition with it no failures thus far. 5-6k rounds thru it.

·
771 Posts
A Primer on how to select an AR?

With so many manufacturers and such a variety of aftermarket doo-dads, is there any authoritative primer on how to select an AR?

I am pulling together a battery of weapon systems for 'just in case' and I need to find a decent battle rifle to augment my PD shotguns and my food pot .22. Frankly, I dont have the foggiest idea of where to begin and what to look for.

Any input would be appreciated..

·
289 Posts
I have a DPMS sweet 16 (16" barrel M-4 style in 5.56), and have run 3500 rounds though it so far. It is extremely reliable for me, as well as accurate. I shoot long range, and for practice I hunt prairie dogs. I frequently shoot at 400 to 500 yards and it is spot on.
I unfortunately cannot compare it for you with other brands since I don't own them, but I LOVE my DPMS.

·
289 Posts
DeepSeaGod said:
Thnx havic
No problem...hope it helps.

P.S. welcome to the forum, it's a great place, so stick around...I'm sure you will find something you like.

·
289 Posts
Nell2Glocks said:
Only taken mine out once so far but I love it!

DPMS Oracle
Very nice Nell

·
Just trying to stay warm
925 Posts
I have a DPMS and it's a great gun. The only thing I didn't like was the factory trigger. Lots of pull and tons of creep. Once I replaced that, it's great. I like my Rock River more though. It shoots anything you put in it and really smooth gun. I would recommend Rock River first but if your already looking at the DPMS I say go with it. They are both really good rifles. Couple of the top makers for price. Hope I could help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
GlockfanAZ said:
Hey Nell, I had those Jordans in your avatar when they came out in 1996 or so. No one else in 8th grade was rocking them ;)
Lol! Those are the best ones ever made in my opinion! Those and the 4's!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.