Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While at the range yesterday shooting my g22 , one of the pins above the trigger started to wiggle out on the right side of the gun. I tried to push it back in after dropping the magazine and clearing the weapon to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what do I do next. S/n I have not broken it down yet. Its a gen3 g22

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Which pin? Take the slide off. If its the bottom pin wiggle the slide release up and down while pushing on the pin. If its the top pin, no clue why it wouldn't pop back in.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
If it is the lower pin, wiggle the slide release and push it back in, there are small grooves on it that will keep it in place. Hope this helps

·
1,672 Posts
LOL double help gets a double answer!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
If it is the upper pin, the spring for the slide release is blocking it. Disassimble and put the top pin in then the slide release, then the lower pin.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

·
1,672 Posts
I'm a computer geek first, gun lover 2nd. Oddly enough chat rooms got my typing as fast as it is today lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys, and it is the top pin. I've never disassembled the gun because its new. I will be doing it when I get home.

·
1,672 Posts
So wth! I'm at the range today, and the same damn pin does the same thing on my G30 LOL! So weird.

·
Registered
372 Posts
How many rounds have been through the gun? It's possible that the recoil spring is weak and the locking block pin is taking on more shock than normal, causing it to walk out of the frame.

I've heard of some cases where this happened with a brand new gun and it was sent back to Glock. Either the pin was replaced, the locking block was replaced, or both, or the frame itself(with both other parts) was replaced.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
voyager4520 said:
How many rounds have been through the gun? It's possible that the recoil spring is weak and the locking block pin is taking on more shock than normal, causing it to walk out of the frame.

I've heard of some cases where this happened with a brand new gun and it was sent back to Glock. Either the pin was replaced, the locking block was replaced, or both, or the frame itself(with both other parts) was replaced.
Well with mine I had it about 3weeks an probably put 200 rounds thru it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Webphisher said:
So wth! I'm at the range today, and the same damn pin does the same thing on my G30 LOL! So weird.
Sorry, I hope I didn't jinx everybody that commented in this thread.LOL

·
Registered
372 Posts
That shouldn't be happening at 200 rounds. I'd push the pin back in, it should go in until it softly "pops" into place, use a 3/32 inch punch like the Glock Armorer's Tool. It's possible it wasn't seated in far enough from the factory.

If it keeps walking out on its own I'd call Glock and speak to the Warranty Service Department.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
voyager4520 said:
That shouldn't be happening at 200 rounds. I'd push the pin back in, it should go in until it softly "pops" into place, use a 3/32 inch punch like the Glock Armorer's Tool. It's possible it wasn't seated in far enough from the factory.

If it keeps walking out on its own I'd call Glock and speak to the Warranty Service Department.
That's exactly what I will do if it happens again. It walked out maybe 1/4 and while at range I tried to push it back in to where an 1/8 was sticking out. It was to hard to push any further than that.

·
1,672 Posts
Its possible that with mine I didn't lock in the pin enough, I had just detail stripped it the night before. My 30 is a pre-rail 7 year old Gen3. When I go pick up my G34 the place has an armorer, so I'm going to take the 30 in to be looked at. I think the recoil spring might be broke, or its an old design. My 19, the Gen4, the recoil spring has a cup that the spring sits in at the end, the 30 does not. Granted this could just be the difference in age, but hell why not have an Armorer look at it and replace the parts.

·
Registered
372 Posts
My 19, the Gen4, the recoil spring has a cup that the spring sits in at the end, the 30 does not.
The cup has never been added to the sub-compact guide rods. (26,27,28,29,30,33,36,39)

I wish they would add it. It's there on the Gen4 guide rods to prevent the end of the spring from binding on the muzzle cap of the guide rod. With my G27 often the spring gets stuck on that muzzle cap and I have to use a little more force to get it into the slide.

·
1,672 Posts
Yup, same problem when I'm putting mine back together.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Took my g22 this morning to the store I got it from because I still couldn't get the pin in. They didn't know why the pin walked out, but when it did the spring went over top of the pin. He pulled the spring down slid the pin all the way in and hopefully it will be all good

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a glock 27 any one have any ideas as to y my mossberg 12GA is more accuret I line the sights up perfectly and its always way off love the gun first time glock owner but I need to know how to get it dead on?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts