Don't try this ith your Glock LMAO

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by louiespagouie, Jul 10, 2012.

1. louiespagouie

louiespagouie Senior Member

I wonder how this ever seemed like a good idea?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xgclzGPDHo[/ame]

2. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Some people are really stupid...I assume he was testing the armor? What if it hadn't worked? lol Couldn't he have just shot the vest not wearing it?

3. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

He needs to do a 12 GA. Vid. And then something with fire perhaps. While on train tracks. In an electrical storm.

A real live (for now) crash test dummy.

4. Brandan86

Brandan86 New Member

At least he did not miss.
    [ame]http://youtu.be/0jCcvLKHsxM[/ame]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  5. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Vid never gets old lol

6. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I watched it, but still can't believe it.

7. .... at least he didn't test it by shooting himself in the head...

8. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

We had a local police officer do this recently. He didn't fair as well. If you want to draw attention to yourself; get tough. Life is going to be a rough ride. But hey, we can just look at him and figure that out.

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

These videos of body armor self-testing with live ammo are an example of the parachute test: it either works or it does not.

There was a time that body armor makers demonstrated these things live. Put their life on the reputation of their product.

I personally see nothing wrong with doing a demo video of somebody shooting themselves (or trying to) thru ballistic armor. It serves as a good demo of (A)how well the vest works, and (B)that although the bullet penetration is stopped, the impact energy is not, and that it actually hurts when it stops a bullet.

That being said, discharging a firearm in your living room is a bigger no-no.

Couldn't view the second video posted....

Anyway, my $0.02....

10. Tape

Tape New Member

BS on the first vid, he removed the slug and then shot himself, it is funny the slug just happened to land on the computer desk in which it bounced backwards, all vests I have dealt with always embed into the vest itself.

11. dj613

dj613 New Member

Wow! That takes a set of balls!

12. Definitely wont test my body armor that way haha

13. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

Very dumb people there.

14. GastonGlock

GastonGlock New Member

I don't know which is funnier, his hair or the fact that he shot himself point blank in his living room. Lets hope the neighbors didn't hear that

15. Yup back in the day people were willing to put their lives on the line to sell their product. I guess everyone here forgot about the humans that tested things out before they invented the crash test dummies. ;)

Yea even tho the plates stop the round you still have to worry about energy transfer. That is why I like the .50 ae round cause even tho a level 3 and higher plates will stop the round, you can still die from the energy transfer.

All in all, more power to him! I all so cant view the second video.

16. Delta_Petra

Delta_Petra New Member

I think he is showing the spent casing, not the bullet.

17. Brandan86

Brandan86 New Member

To watch the second video, you have to be logged into youtube.

18. Yea he is showing the casting. You can clearly see (at least I can) the bullet logged into his vest. Its that shinny thing in the hole. ;) He was just showing the spent casing.

19. Yea I don't have a youtube account and not going to get one lol. I don't watch youtube that much.

20. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNDdE9ibZQo[/ame]