Dont know if i can get my glock now and need to vent

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by deadlift560, May 17, 2012.

1. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Ok just venting. I ended up putting all the money I had saved up to go to the police academy here In sept. I ended up having to spend $3400 into repairs. That blew all that money. Finally got some money saved up. So my wife went and put a glock on lay away for me so I wouldn't buy a kel tec so she "knew I had something reliable for when I needed it". Then, some lady ran a red light and flew around a corner as I was pulling out my drive way and tried to squeeze in front of my truck. They said it would be her fault. Now they are finding me at fault. And making me pay my deductible. Now I'm out the $500 I had saved for my glock. Married life in rural pa is hard. We got a great marriage and two great boys. Just hard to make a living even with me having a good job for the area with two kids. Just hopefully I don't loose my glock but if I can't pay for it now, and I don't post as much we will all know why lol :)

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Take care of your wife and two kids. Glocks will come in time and can be replaced, your family can't. Good Luck Deadlift. Time.. heals all wounds.

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Sorry to heat that, I hope things work out

4. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Thanks I appreciate it. Just gotta buck up and dig in. Just hate that she spent her paychecks to put a deposit down on it so I would have a reliable gun to take into the force. Every single time I get ahead something else happens. I swear if I can't manage to have the $4k to go to the academy next year I may have a mental breakdown lol ;)

5. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason, we don't know why and it seems to make no sense to us. I know that doesn't help your situation but hang in there all will work out in time and that Glock will still be there for you.
    Keep your head up and have faith.

6. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Thanks I appreciate it. Sorry just needed to vent to someone anyone lol

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

That won't help your family or you getting in the academy. Put your mind to it, check your heart, you'll be fine. You will have a reliable gun. Look around a bit more, Find a good used for now, you'll work it out man. Really, Good Luck DL!

8. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

And don't be sorry, Life happens to all of us. VENT AWAY!!

9. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Thanks. Yeah she found me a good used one and we only owe $430 on it. The $500 I had for it into my truck deductible. Awesome. I just hate thT my insurance company won't fight for me at all. Lol

10. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Dang Insurance companies,We keep paying them, for what? I can't explain it.

11. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Yeah I know I have Erie. I now have a check engine light and they won't fix it because they say it's un related. Crock of horse s**t lol

12. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Is that Erie, PA?

13. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Erie car insurance. I'm in somerset pa

14. Wait, isnt PA a no fault state?

15. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Apparently not. They found me at fault. And I have to pay a deductible to have my truck fixed

16. PA does it.....weird

B. Choice-no-fault State
    PA is a choice-no-fault state. Choice-no-fault is a hybrid of the pure no-fault
    system. Under this system, drivers have the choice of being insured under
    either a pure no-fault plan or a modified no-fault plan. Under the pure nofault plan, one is unable to sue negligent drivers for non-economic damages,
    and is immune from such suits himself/herself. Under the traditional tort
    (personal injury suits) rights, one can sue other drivers who have also chosen
    to retain their tort rights, and in return they can sue him/her. If one that has
    chosen the modified plan has an accident with a driver insured under the pure
    no-fault plan, they are both unable to sue the other party.

17. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Yeah that's what I found online. My fault. She admitted she seen me and sped up instead of stopping. It just is bs lol.

18. Did the police get that statement in writing? I'm wondering how it is they concluded it is your fault.

19. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

They never came! It's hard to explain, but I was across 2/3 lanes trying to come out my driveway. Traffic stopped and a lady backed up bc their was a red light, to let me out. So I came across the two lanes. Stopped completely, and then it was fine. Clear. Started to go and bam. Someone trying to fly around the turn and squeeze between me and the curb. Had to be my fault bc I hit her and was "entering the roadway". Even though traffic was stopped and I was on that roadway clearly blocking 2/3 of the lanes. And she claimed she was going straight which would have had to run a red light. Seen me, but sped up?! But they have to take her statement because I hit her.

20. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Even though it's physically impossible
    For her to be going staighr. She came flying around the corner trying to
    Run a red light and tried to cut in between me and didnt stop. But I was "entering the roadway" the only was I can get out my driveway