Does anyone know what these 10 digits mean???

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by GlockedUp, Feb 19, 2012.

1. GlockedUp

GlockedUp New Member

Ok so while cleanin my G19 today i notice a set of 10 digits on the barrel that i had never noticed on my other 3 glocks G21sf, G29, n G27. So when i go to clean the slide i noticed another set of 10 digits again, so then i moved on to the frame and to my surprise another 10 digits. :confused: so i go n pull out n chek my other glocks n only one that doesnt have em is the G27. The G29 n G21 have em only on the frame, n not on the barrel or slide. Im goin to contact Glock durin the week to see what they have to say. but any 411 on this subject would be helpful Thanx!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Curious myself now...

3. Superdave85

Superdave85 New Member

so..i just checked my 26, and I would have sworn that these numbers were not on my gun, but sure enough there they are......i have no idea what they are for, real curious

4. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I bet everyone is goin to double check their glocks now

5. jelder

jelder New Member

It's on my 30. When u find out please let us know

6. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

You all need to pay more attention when cleaning your guns lol. Noticed those the first day I had it and was cleaning after I shot it. Im guessing it would be part numbers so you can identify if you have a part with a "problem" like the old ejectors. But thats just my thought.

Although checking my G19 its a different number. Its a Gen 4 if the helps.

7. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

I believe it's a batch number. Kind of like a serial number for glock so that if they have a recall, they can tell which batch it came from. I don't know for sure, it just seems like the most logical answer.

8. GlockedUp

GlockedUp New Member

haha!! i kno i did!! i cheked all mine lol....

9. GlockedUp

GlockedUp New Member

yes it does seem like a logical answer but then why doesnt my G27 have any?? and why do my other 2 only have em on the frame itself n not on the slide or barrel. the G19 has all 3 as you can see.

10. Glock27

Glock27 Junior Member

AL
    My G27 Gen 3 have it and one on the frame. One on the looks line a phone number. Lol

11. Glock27

Glock27 Junior Member

AL
  12. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Batch & QA #'s

13. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

For what I've read.. It is for inventory control purposes.. Glock are planning to do manufacturing here in the US. I might be wrong though. :)

**someone here works in the company. he might have the right answer.

14. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I beileve hes online name is mattA

15. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

It's a production number. Some of the newest barrels have a "dot matrix" on the rear barrel lug that is used for the same thing, I haven't seen it on the newest barrels so perhaps it wasn't working reliably and they decided to put the number on the other side of the barrel. On the newest frames there's also a "dot matrix" on the frame under the trigger housing.

16. I suspect MattA will be changing his profile name soon.

He was just excited to work there and share his enthusiasm, I doubt he's excited to get a bunch of questions.

17. M22

M22 Member

WMass
    Just checked my 22 built in '98 has 3 sets of digits on the slide only. My 27 built in '04 has 5 sets of digits on the slide only. Neither had corresponding # sets on frame or barrel.

18. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I so did! Curiosity killed the cat.

I have a 10 digits on the frame, and 4 digits on the barrel and slide. Go figure. I am sure they are batch numbers.

19. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Didn't have to check my G26 and G30, I know there ain't anything like it on 'em.

This a Gen4? All of mine are Gen3.

20. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I got 4 digits on slide and 4 on barrel