Does anyone have any experience with the CZ 1012 12ga shotgun?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by 3404speed, Jul 24, 2020.

1. 3404speed

3404speed Well-Known Member

Hey everyone I want to start going clay shooting with my dad more often maybe once a month and looking to upgrade my shotgun. Currently i am using a winchester 1300 speed pump in 20 ga. It works well but i think its time to step up to the 12 ga. Back when i was in a 4-H shotgun club i was pretty nasty with that winchester 20 ga. At my best i was averaging 80-86% on a 100 clay course. Most of my misses were on the doubles. Even though its supposed to be a speed pump the action is still somewhat sluggish with me mot being seasoned like i was. If i was shooting evey weekend again im sure id have no problem getting my average back up to 80% but i simply dont shoot often enough to stay efficient with the 1300. At one point i shot it so much one of the slide rails broke but luckily winchester sent me a replacement. Im looking to upgrade to maybe a semi auto. My dad has a CZ redhead premium o/u which shoots nice im just not a fan of the design. I was looking at the CZ 1012. Semi auto inertia driven so no rigorous cleaning (i have a AR for that lol) has anyone had any experience with the CZ 1012?

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-1012/

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  2. Olga17

Olga17 C19 sounds like G19 Supporter

Maybe a Tavor TS-12 :D

3404speed likes this.

3. 3404speed

Yeah that would go over real well lmao

Olga17 likes this.
  4. Olga17

Olga17 C19 sounds like G19 Supporter

But it would deliver!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3404speed likes this.
  5. 3404speed

I guess ill find out. Went ahead and ordered one. If it shoots as good as it looks ill be happy. Over 3 days of research ive only been able to find two instances where people had a issue and they may be due to operator error or neglect. in one instance the choke tube Shot out on one After a few dozen rounds and the other had a issue with the choke tube shaving pieces of the wad of and getting stuck in the barrel. Since it has extended knurled chokes the issue may have been with them not tightening down chokes and them working loose. The one instance where the tube was shaving pieces of wad he Claimed that there was a raised lip between the barrel and choke tube due to the choke tube not being manufactured properly. sent the gun back to cz and they replaced it and he confirmed that the new choke tube is flush with the barrel where they meet inside so may have been a defective choke tube or barrel. Could of been a defective choke tube on the other as well. Something i will check when i take it out to shoot. Ill see how it goes. Its impossible to find any gun that has never had someone have a issue with it and most of the issues may be operator related. My dads cz o/u has held up perfectly with no issues

decided on the bronze finish. Only bad part is it may take up to 15 days to ship :(

F1660BBE-3AB5-482C-9E49-EB29E61EC55B.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    TheKraken and Danzig like this.