Glock Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been tryin to learn more about the lesser popular Glock models and I haven't even seen the .45 GAP in guns shops or even seen the ammo! At least where i live. I think it's basically a short .45 Auto right? Are they really popular enough to justify Glock making all 3 model sizes? Same thing with the .357 Sig All I ever hear about is 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 Auto and occasionally the 10mm. Just curious! Feedback welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
198 Posts
There are a few threads already on this. Great caliber & fun to shoot. I guess Glock thought it was the right thing to do to have all 3 sizes. I have a G37 & G39 issued and will be getting the G38 soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a G37 and just got a G 39. My G37 is a great gun for me to shoot. I got the G39 to carry everyday. I get my ammo at Georgia Arms the price is good.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a G37 and just got a G 39. My G37 is a great gun for me to shoot. I got the G39 to carry everyday. I get my ammo at Georgia Arms the price is good.
Since you own one, pardon me, 2 of these, what is the advantage of the .45 GAP over the .45 Auto or even the .40 S&W? I own a G26 Gen 4, but I've always been a 9mm guy cause of versatility, inexpensive to shoot (compared to other popular calibers) and longevity! Please understand that I'm not criticizing your choice of caliber, I'm just curious about the unique caliber! It's not very popular here where I live. Here in my hometown, its either the 9mm, .40 S&W or .45 Auto! Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes I recently got a 38 and love it, last week I ordered a 39 for conceal carry even though I do have a 27 for EDC. The guns had to be special ordered because its not popular in my area and the ammo is very scarse too. I've seen the ammo at local gun shows and only 1 retail store. I love the shooting it its a powerful cartridge in a frame the size of my 9mm and 40 s&w glocks.
BTW the ammo can be gotten through online mail order cheaper then what the one sporting good store in my area that has it in stocks sells for.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,711 Posts
I got my first G21 in 1993 (handgun of the year) from my buddy who used it through police academy and was top shot. He had small hands and couldn't keep a confident grip in disarming drills. I love .45ACP and it's ballistics as compared to the 9mm. A big chunk of lead.
This being said, some hands are too small for the G21 &SF. If you don't feel armed unless it's a .45 I can see the desire for the .45 GAP.
If I want to shoot a bunch on the cheap I would go 9mm, nothing cheaper except .22.
As for defence I like a BIG bullet = BIG hammer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since you own one, pardon me, 2 of these, what is the advantage of the .45 GAP over the .45 Auto or even the .40 S&W? I own a G26 Gen 4, but I've always been a 9mm guy cause of versatility, inexpensive to shoot (compared to other popular calibers) and longevity! Please understand that I'm not criticizing your choice of caliber, I'm just curious about the unique caliber! It's not very popular here where I live. Here in my hometown, its either the 9mm, .40 S&W or .45 Auto! Thanks for the feedback!
The reason I bought 45 Gap is Bud's had them on sale and I wanted to try the Gap round and see how it performed compared to the 45 ACP. I think they are real close. The GAP round is a little higher in price but you can find it fairly easy online at a good price. I believe the GAP round will be around for along time. The one thing I have noticed is that alot of people who shoot this round really love it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You get 45 stopping power in a 9mm/40 frame. The G38 is concealable with 8+1 rounds at your immediate disposal. The Gen4 G37 is very smooth to shoot. 5 State Police agencies use the 45GAP round. Even though all 5 probably got a great deal from Glock to use that round, it does not mean it's not a good round.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts