Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a friend was taking today about how in 2013 the government might take our guns. I feel it well never come to that, but what do you guys think?:confused:

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Maybe at some point but I don't see it anytime soon and if they do they won't get mine without a fight cause what ever comes after the stripping of Americans of there guns isn't gonna be pretty

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Thread moved to Second Amendment & Legal forum.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Me and a friend was taking today about how in 2013 the government might take our guns. I feel it well never come to that, but what do you guys think?:confused:
Does a chicken have lips?

Is the Pope a catholic?

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Not in the way that people envision. The Anti-Gun movement activists are resolute though, and being true believers, have an exaggerated sense of justification & righteousness in their chosen ideology. They will not stop. The overall strategy since the passing of the 1968 national gun control legislation has been "Death By A Thousand Cuts". Endless laws that collectively reclassify, tax, regulate, & generally make it more expensive and difficult for citizens to engage in the purchase & use of firearms/ammunition. I'm sure that the idea of forcibly disarming America is alive & well, but the people that hold that idea know that any attempt would fail. And in their minds a failure of that magnitude would certainly end all support for their movement. So, it will go as it has gone. Death By A Thousand Cuts. They are good at that.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Through the back door. Ammo and essential reloading supplies. Primers for example. They go away and everything else becomes ballast.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Donn said:
Through the back door. Ammo and essential reloading supplies. Primers for example. They go away and everything else becomes ballast.
Exactly,
It will start as a "shortage" on ammo then essential reloading supplies will no longer be available. It will happen slowly then it will all of a sudden be gone.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I don't think it will ever happen as an outright confiscation. That would start another Civil War or Revolution, depending on how you want to look at it. As far as the "death of a thousand cuts", I agree with that, to a point, but we have many pro-gun Dems and nearly all of the Republicans and as long as there is a sufficient number of them in the House, Senate or both, or if we have a Republican President, we have little to nothing to worry about.

Considering how many advances have been made at the state level, and the lack of interest or movement at the Federal level, I don't think we have much to worry about for the moment. They could've done a lot in 2009/10 when they had full control of the House, Senate and Presidency, but they didn't.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
SeventiesWreckers said:
Not in the way that people envision. The Anti-Gun movement activists are resolute though, and being true believers, have an exaggerated sense of justification & righteousness in their chosen ideology. They will not stop. The overall strategy since the passing of the 1968 national gun control legislation has been "Death By A Thousand Cuts". Endless laws that collectively reclassify, tax, regulate, & generally make it more expensive and difficult for citizens to engage in the purchase & use of firearms/ammunition. I'm sure that the idea of forcibly disarming America is alive & well, but the people that hold that idea know that any attempt would fail. And in their minds a failure of that magnitude would certainly end all support for their movement. So, it will go as it has gone. Death By A Thousand Cuts. They are good at that.
Im with you on this one Wrecker, the ones who are set on taking liberties from us dont usually look you in the eye and say they are going to do it they use the backdoor pathetic little piece by piece way . Just like Rahm Emanuel said " never waste a good crisis"

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Somehow, I think there will be a surge in reports of lost or stolen firearms should an attempt be made to take them from us.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly with what seventies and happy have said. As long as we are able to keep the checks and balances system we have now, I don't see an outright confiscation like England has experienced. I do see the Feds (Obama) trying to circumvent the system again through other bans and laws. The death by a thousand cuts is a good analogy. Hopefully, we can get enough people out this November to keep any chance of this happening very remote!!!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,436 Posts
. Just like Rahm Emanuel said " never waste a good crisis"
the Fast and Furious scheme has left egg on the face of this administration. If it ever gets prosecuted it will be exposed as a fabricated "crisis" to advance the gungrabbers agenda. If polls are correct now is the most pro-gun public at large since the 1950's. Let's hope it continues and trickles down into future political candidates.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
. Just like Rahm Emanuel said " never waste a good crisis"
the Fast and Furious scheme has left egg on the face of this administration. If it ever gets prosecuted it will be exposed as a fabricated "crisis" to advance the gungrabbers agenda. If polls are correct now is the most pro-gun public at large since the 1950's. Let's hope it continues and trickles down into future political candidates.
This is Correct and all the other posts by 70's, Happy Sniper and Dom. But the death by 1000 cuts is on the back burner. The Anti Gun loones will still make noise but not much will happen. What I am looking at is the Rahm Emanuel's " never let a good crisis go to waste". I foresee a catastrophic event either a Natural Disaster or a terrorist event and they will embolden them to "For the Good of the Country" have to take our guns. Or large civil unrest triggered by Food shortages or a trial in Florida where the White/Hispanic gets off after he Murdered that poor innocent boy who was just buying Skittles. They have lost the War in Public Opinion but they will NEVER give up!

·
Very Sensitive Guy (^;)
764 Posts
Does a chicken have lips?

Is the Pope a catholic?
I don't think it will ever happen as an outright confiscation. That would start another Civil War or Revolution, depending on how you want to look at it. As far as the "death of a thousand cuts", I agree with that, to a point, but we have many pro-gun Dems and nearly all of the Republicans and as long as there is a sufficient number of them in the House, Senate or both, or if we have a Republican President, we have little to nothing to worry about.

Considering how many advances have been made at the state level, and the lack of interest or movement at the Federal level, I don't think we have much to worry about for the moment. They could've done a lot in 2009/10 when they had full control of the House, Senate and Presidency, but they didn't.
The liberal deMocrats have been trying to make progress (with continual and great success) toward dis-arming America for years now. It can't be done all at once. They know that. So as has been pointed out here, it's like our Constitutional rights in general: the strategy is to chip away at the foundations as they can, until one day, the wall of rights to freedoms of many things will tumble. Who's to say when? But it will happen. EVERY wall has a falling point when chipped at incessantly.

We have not adequately guarded ourselves politically or morally within our own ranks. The tattered condition of our Constitution is mainly a reflection of our own self-worth.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't think the day will ever come. The only way you will have to worry about losing your guns is if you commit a felony, some criminal steals it, or you lose it.

·
Very Sensitive Guy (^;)
764 Posts
I don't think the day will ever come. The only way you will have to worry about losing your guns is if you commit a felony, some criminal steals it, or you lose it.
If you don't mind me asking, Jeeper... What's your age?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts