Do you make your wardrobe fit your Glock, or your Glock fit your wardrobe?

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Glock19, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

As a recent N82 owner I've found it more comfortable than my leather IWB. Anyone else notice that it's more difficult to conceal without looser clothing regardless of holster type (excluding winter jackets, layers, etc.)? Tips? Veteran gunner advice? Thank you in advance.

2. I have a foXx holster. I didn't have to change my wardrobe I can wear whatever I want. I can wear shorts fine an also I can tuck my shirt in with the Jhooks I got with holster. I've never changed sizes in pants except for gaining a few extra love handles. I have used nothing else but my current holster and a uncle mikes holster. The latter one collects dust now.

3. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Depends how tight your regular pants are and where you carry your weapon. ie. If you carry at 3 o'clock it will be tighter than lets say 4-6 because it's sitting on your hip bone.

4. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Wear between the 4-6 position. I haven't had to change my wardrobe. A few pairs of pants are a bit to tight, but they loosen up a but add the day goes on. Also, I use the white hat Maxtuck, and I can conceal my G23 with a t shirt thanks to Kodiak who showed me a great place to carry mine. I ride it high with the kydex lining up with the top of my pants. The gun is positioned about where the tag is on my jeans. It is comfortable even when sitting down.

5. bfish

bfish Member

I have to dress to carry. Not in my pants though. I can carry shorts jeans and sweatpants and all without an issue. But what gets me is the shirt I wear... Only certain tshirts and things that I wear work. I sometimes have to get a sweatshirt or bigger shirt etc to do the job when I see a crazy print or bulge on my hip. Not too big of a deal though

6. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

I have an assortment of super large cover shirts that conceal my weapon. I call it the Glock rack in the closet.

7. Tape

Tape New Member

I fit my holster to my hip

8. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

I didn't have to change anything on the pants or size, as for the shirts I get one size larger for casual shirts with darker colors or print patterns, for dress shirts I have a tuckable holster that works well.

So yes I did change my wardrobe to carry, I pay attention when I go shopping to make sure that everything will work for my carry style.

9. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

Cool thanks.

10. My wardrobe and my Glock both "fit" ME.