Do you keep a round in the tube?

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by mike954, Oct 7, 2012.

1. blackdog

blackdog Well-Known Member Supporter

Always! A half loaded gun is just as bad as an unloaded gun when it comes to personal protection

2. hammerfest05

hammerfest05 New Member

Yes deffinantly keep one in the pipe for ccw. Guns can be carried this way. You just have to use your head as far as safety goes.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013

3. armedcitizen

armedcitizen New Member

It is policy for LE to carry condition 1. You resort to your lowest level of training in a critical situation. If you have no training then you will more than likely panic. Get training and practice because shooting is a perishable skill. And think about if you have to send rounds down range at a threat. If you miss and hit bystander you own that round as well. It's a HUGE responsibility to carry a firearm!

4. ppags84

ppags84 Member

I currently don't, just started carrying about 2 months ago and until I'm confident that I won't make a mistake I'll continue to carry that way. I fully intend to keep "one in the tube" once I'm more sure of myself.

5. OfficerOnDuty

OfficerOnDuty New Member

Very well said.

6. GlockSpot22

GlockSpot22 New Member

Your just like me but I just started carrying 2 weeks ago, I started out carrying with trigger pulled back but now after some good advice on here? Im practicing pulling & dry firing also checking my trigger in "Ready" mode through daily routines....so far? so good. I tried chambering a round and walkimg with it earlier before I left the house but still got a little "spook" in me but long as we stay aware, smart, and determined? We'll be carrying in condition 1 in no time.

7. SoloScuba

SoloScuba Glocking it everyday! Supporter

Does a one-legged duck swim in a circle? The whole reason I went to a Glock, point and shoot, milliseconds count.

8. slushman

slushman New Member

I ccw everyday everywhere I can within legal guidelines for pa I do keep one in the pipe when in public at home I do not keep one in due to being unholstered carrying an unloaded gun in public what's the point of having that gun **** is going to go down and go down quick there is not to many times u are going to have time to react load aim and shoot its a second nature when it comes to me shooting and that's due to a lot of practice at the range at home i find its best to draw at home ready to fire and at the range I draw and then fire as if in a real life situation

9. I carry for work and it is policy that we have one in the pipe. CCW goes in effect here in IL in January 2014. Once I am CCW'ed, I don't see any reason to carry differently then I already do.

10. thinkricky

thinkricky Member Supporter

11. SK23

SK23 Blast from the past

Did you know Old Macdonald was a really bad speller?

Yes, always one in the pipe.