Do you keep a round in the tube?

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by mike954, Oct 7, 2012.

1. cplhoff

cplhoff New Member

Yes. OD Green Supply. great job for a grunt Marine such as my self :)

2. BZ3

BZ3 New Member

Always have a loaded rd in the chamber, Im not worried about shooting myself and if I'm going to pull my gun I'm already going to be stressed so why worry about something else you have to do or what if you can't use two hands at the time for some reason?

3. Fredjocko

Fredjocko Active Member Supporter

In the late '70's I was a courier firefighter at the Charleston Naval Weapons Station and no Marine had a loaded weapon forget having one chambered.

It was pretty comical when a sailor from the Simon Lake went AWOL and was chasing two Marines with a machete and the civilian guard ended up shooting the sailor (chasing not the shooting).

4. magillapd

magillapd New Member

Texas
    I always carry one in the chamber in both my carry gun and bedside gun.

My spare gun is kept with the mag loaded but chamber empty.

5. metalman22

metalman22 New Member

An unloaded gun is a paper weight. That second it takes to chamber a round might be difference between life or death. You can quietly unholster the gun, but you can't quietly chamber a round. A loaded gun is ready for ANY situation, unloaded is not.

6. tuamike

tuamike Junior Member

While carrying in public I keep one in the chamber. I put it back in the mag when I get home. Really cause it makes the wife more comfortable around the kids. With a German Shepard in the house, I will have plenty of time to rack it.

7. cbmarine

cbmarine Semper Fi

+1. ..

8. GlockSpot22

GlockSpot22 New Member

Now that was cold statement/advice! You need to make that into a tee shirt!.

9. GlockSpot22

GlockSpot22 New Member

Now I can see that happening to me if I dont get over "Trigger Chamber Caution" disease

10. BZ3

BZ3 New Member

Lmao, that's just because all the cool kids where doing it don't lie

11. J-Will

J-Will I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Peer pressure is a b...

12. Frenchie2203

Frenchie2203 New Member

I have owned my first glock for about 3 months and I haven't been out in public with one chambered yet. I'm trying to get used to the no safety and frankly I'm not used to it yet. However.... When I am and get more comfortable with moving around and sitting in the car or whatever the case may be I will start holding one in the chamber. But until that day comes all in the mag for now.

13. BZ3

BZ3 New Member

Even tho Glocks have manual safeties, they do have 3 built in safeties

14. J-Will

J-Will I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Fixed... :p

15. BZ3

BZ3 New Member

Lol thanks J Will.. I'm on the iPhone app

16. Frenchie2203

Frenchie2203 New Member

Oh I'm well aware of the glock safeties. Like I said proud owner of three now, but only owned my first for about 3 months. It's a personal choice.

17. cbmarine

cbmarine Semper Fi

This has been suggested elsewhere and worked for me: rack the slide with no mag in it; with it "cocked", insert a loaded mag; if at the end of the carry, it is still "cocked" and you repeat this procedure several times, you should feel comfortable in Condition 1.

18. Killman1

Killman1 New Member

I have been carrying for about a year, never with one in the chamber. Recently was on a parking deck elevator with my wife and 5 year old daughter when the elevator door opened and three thug looking guys came in and joined us for the rest of our elevator ride. Thank God nothing happened but made me rethink if needed would I have had the time and room to rack the slide and go to work if needed. Situational awareness is a whole other topic but I am Carrying +1 from now on.

19. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Probably would not have time or the room.

20. BZ3

BZ3 New Member

Yup, or maybe the time?