Do you keep a round in the tube?

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by mike954, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Andyman85

Andyman85 Active Member

I alway carry one in the barrel. If you have a good enough holster where it protects the trigger, why not.

2. cameron

cameron New Member

Always keep one in the barrel

3. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

4. JaxRolo

JaxRolo Baseball Umpire

No sig lines in mobile app!

5. ZombieSlayer223

ZombieSlayer223 New Member

One good reason not to carry one in the pipe is, if you Draw and Rack it gives you extra time to assess the situation and threat. That extra second might be the difference between a good decision and a bad one.

6. jrc

jrc New Member

I always have a round chambered. If I pull it, I intend to use it. Otherwise it'll stay holstered.

7. MarcW

MarcW New Member

Or that extra second might be the difference between me living and dying. To each his own but I'll keep one round in the pipe.

8. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

Maybe you have them turned off?? Because I see mine and yours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    There are guys complaining about CCW being to slow compared to open carry so you're argument is on the opposite side saying CCW is too fast. Both arguments are invalid in my opinion and a gun you are carrying for defense should be properly loaded. Almost every police officer in the country carries +1. With everything going on in a defensive situation last thing you need is to load the gun.

10. SMARKRAGE

SMARKRAGE Member

Every department in The State of Ga. make their officers carry with on in the pipe.

11. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I had a guy working for me that I caught without his gun properly loaded. He didn't last long in law enforcement.

12. SMARKRAGE

SMARKRAGE Member

When you're trusting your life in someone else's I dont blame you.

13. mattieb

mattieb Member

Always even when it's in safe

14. DGLOCK

DGLOCK Member

I don't agree with this argument at all. I think as soon as the weapon leaves your holster you have made a decision. I would never draw a weapon unless it's the last option, and my life was in imminent danger. It's a matter of trusting your holster, your gun, and yourself. IMO carrying without one in the chamber is a good way to get yourself killed.

15. cola490

cola490 Member

I agree with this 100%, the decision to fire is made before the weapon leaves your holster. As a civilian you don't draw , just in case, LEO's do that.

16. OT

OT Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for a

Always....

17. cplhoff

cplhoff New Member

I work in an environment where we sale firearms and here it's mandatory that every employee carries their firearm loaded

18. branjmb

branjmb Junior Member

gun shop...? :p

19. TYDFAN

TYDFAN New Member

I always keep a round in the tube. Same reason I kept a condom in my wallet in high school. Having your protection ready pays off! ;)

20. JaxRolo

JaxRolo Baseball Umpire

Sorry, i will have to look at that