Glock Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Glock 20 with seven 15 round magazines fully loaded. Try to empty every three weeks either by shooting or just swapping and cleaning. The springs are cheap to replace... Goodluck

· GrassHopper
8,185 Posts
While I don't carry "plus one," I do carry 15 rounds, one in the chamber and 14 in the 15 round magazine. This is so when I have to disarm, I have a place to store the extra round... I also carry an extra fully loaded magazine, or two... Never less than 30 rounds on my person.

· Veritas Aequitas'
149 Posts
I carry 2 on my waste in a blade tech adjustable.

· Banned
1,691 Posts
Fully loaded all the time. Seems kind of old school to not load up all the way. The argument that it wears down the spring is wrong. The spring wears down from the constant flexing of the spring (i.e. Loading and unloading) not from a constant pressure. I have a buddy that found a 1911 in his grandpas storage. It was boxed up since 1944. The mags were loaded and still work fine.

· Banned
488 Posts
I download all by one. My 13 round 23 mags have 12 in them. My 17 round 17 mags have 16 in them. I do this for two reasons.
1. I've been doing this as originally taught long ago and have Glock mags that I've not had to replace a spring in from before the Clinton era assault weapons ban.
2. It makes the insertion of a magazine with the slide closed easier.

22 Posts
Fully loaded, anyone who says different is an idiot. Why? It costs ~20 to buy a second or third magazine, and leave one empty. Once a month of every other month, swap the one you are using with the empty. This means every other month your magazines are empty for an entire month.

Besides no matter what, mags and mag parts are CHEAP. Ask them if loosing their lives over a few bullets to save a few bucks is worth it.
exactly what i was taught and was going to say, no need. well said.

· Premium Member
4,099 Posts
Fully loaded all the time. Seems kind of old school to not load up all the way. The argument that it wears down the spring is wrong. The spring wears down from the constant flexing of the spring (i.e. Loading and unloading) not from a constant pressure. I have a buddy that found a 1911 in his grandpas storage. It was boxed up since 1944. The mags were loaded and still work fine.
Exactly!

· Registered
665 Posts
Fully loaded, the springs wear out from use, not from being fully loaded/compressed. But as always, to each their own.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.