Do you have a favorite weapon to shoot

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by rodeman, Apr 29, 2012.

1. rodeman

rodeman New Member

Besides your Glock, do you have another favorite weapon to shoot. Be it an AR or AK, is there something you just love to get your hands on and squeeze off a few rounds at the range or in training?

2. Springfield XD Custom .40SW

Hate them for protection/carry/etc but for range time that is one smoooooth gun

3. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Springfield 1911, AR-15 and the old Enfield.

4. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

My first gun, my Springfield XD-9 I could drive tacks with that gun.

5. I love shooting my Ruger P95.

6. rodeman

rodeman New Member

What' makes the 1911 so special to people? I see lots of people who talk about that gun, but I'm not sure what makes it so special. Is there one reason or another that you love the 1911 so much?

7. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

The 1911 is a very smooth shooting and accurate gun. It's a joy to shoot. It will make anyone look good. :)

8. When it comes to the 1911 as a whole I don't like them for several reasons{mainly how the die hards act} but the trigger.........that's where the magic is. Simply the best feeling trigger ever conceived. Because of the trigger a lot of people can be VERY accurate with one with very little range time when they suck with most everything else.

That's why you'll see people join Glock forums that claim they have been shooting 1911's for years and bought their first Glock and now can't hit squat with it then want to blame the gun{glock}.

9. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

The gun is smooth, it's accurate, it's the race car of handguns, it's been a proven weapon in the military and law enforcement for over 100 years... And it's American! But I still love my Glock.

10. dougster

dougster New Member

Just got back from the range with my new Smith and Wesson 22A. The first mags were shooting high and left but consistently. It took me about 50 or 60 rounds to get the sights dialed in. After that I was able to get some pretty good shooting in.

Also shot another 50 rounds through the G19.

image-4100075421.jpg
    This was during

image-4189786887.jpg
    The ones in the middle were the last few rounds out of about 200. Finally got it sighted in.

11. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

It's a 1911. It has been around for 100 years and has served our men and women through some hard times. The 1911 was the first handgun I shot years ago and was very accurate with no experience. The feel and power is amazing and that is why I like the 1911.

12. post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic magnificent bastard

CO
    I'm sure everyone has a favorite. Mine's my AK, and I just got a Slide Fire stock for it. ;)

13. My favorite to shoot is my very first gun, a Desert Eagle Mark XIX .50ae. Nothing like letting a few fire balls loose :D.

DSCF0001.jpg

14. sawfiler

sawfiler New Member

a custom rem.700 in .308 accurate and utterly reliable. love long range shooting,wind doping,reloading for max. accuracy etc.

15. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I love my LMT 5.56 with YHM suppressor. Fun shooting rifle, especially at steel targets.

16. 66Goat389

66Goat389 New Member

My browning bt99 trap gun...

17. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

My 1942 Mosin Nagant 91/30. Shooting silver tip 148gr 7.62x54r Russian or Bulgarian surplus ammo.

It's the rifle that made me love rifles :)

18. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

19. Ranger45

Ranger45 Senior Member

Other than my Glocks, either my HK USPc .40 or Kimber TLE II...and of course, the Colt LE6920. Also love shooting skeet with my Benelli Supernova.

20. Dezmo

Dezmo New Member

Fnp45 tactical:)