Do you even care about printing.

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by Defendandprotect32, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I care about printing. I don’t want anyone to know I’m carrying, unless they need to.

RevV, Southlake and elk creek like this.
  2. RevV

RevV Well-Known Member

In some states printing is unlawful (I have heard).

I try not to print simply because
    1. My carrying is nobody’s business
    2. Some people would be upset or made nervous by it.

That said I don’t worry about it because most people are amazing unobservant!

As far as I know the only people who have ever noticed me printing have been other people who carry.

Steelie68 and mattm like this.

3. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

Come to arkansas. We have too many yellow-dog democrats but overall it’s pretty good. And if someone gets too hostile, well, that’s why we have acreage and backhoes...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    mattm likes this.
  4. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

5. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Haven't lots of those spots already been filled by they Clintons ?

stokes and mattm like this.
  6. Defendandprotect32

Defendandprotect32 Well-Known Member

Chicago
    I suppose a big factor might be where you reside.being in a high crime urban area I am always conscious of unwanted attention by police,though the police are pro carry here.initially,I was concerned over carrying in prohibited areas for which we have many.not so much anymore,I really don't care about no gun signs on restaurants or theaters for instance.mainly, if a criminal choses this grey haired old phart to harm,I do not want any obvious printing to suggest I'm armed.

RevV likes this.
  7. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

We have very few restaurants here that have "NO GUN" policies. We do have some that allow only open carry and others that allow only concealed carry. The legal signs must be posted by the door as to what is allowed.

But we also have the 51% rule where it is illegal to carry a gun at all in a place that makes more than 51% of its revenue through sale of alcohol for on-site consumption (bars)

If they see that you are carrying or suspect for some reason you are, they will call police and you won't be carrying for long.

8. Defendandprotect32

Chicago
    Public transportation here is the #1 location for criminals to prey on honest law abiding citizen's.and is it is illegal to carry.same with lakefront property and public parks.what can I say about no gun signs on businesses to keep out the criminals,there are no words.

9. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

Not so many as you'd think. They usually didn't hide bodies; they found it cleaner in the long run to control the investigations instead. No worries about bodies being found someday, etc; cases closed neat & clean.

10. Deneen

Deneen Member

I carry one of my "conceal" t-shirts on a hanger in my car. Year round shorts weather, but I carry what I shoot best, not for comfort. So, I make a quick change of shirts, and I'm ready to go. Pocket carry G43, and IWB a G20 or G21. Easy peasy, lemon squeezee

Danzig likes this.
  11. RocDoc

RocDoc New Member

Ditto. Most people don't pay attention to what's going on around them. Concealed carriers, cops, and criminals do (or should). I wear loose untucked shirts and don't worry about printing.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    RevV likes this.
  12. Dragnet

Dragnet Member

I carried a model 60 chiefs special for many years, loaded with +P hydra shocks .....till I upgraded to my G23, (n by upgrade i meant just more rounds, cause the smith was n excellent handgun)
    i miss that revolver .....it belonged to my pops n he sold it in 96’

RevV and Southlake like this.
  13. Dragnet

Dragnet Member

Yes sir, am always worried if am printing.....

14. cbus43026

cbus43026 2A Enthusiast & supporter

Do I care about printing?

I did...when I first began to carry.

Anymore , the only folks who know are me , the kids and the good Lord above.

RevV likes this.
  15. Greywood

Greywood Low speed High drag Supporter

NYS
    I print and I'm in NY. The laws here are confusing as far as printing and such,but as long as you dont threaten someone with it or brandish it just printing is fine. I'm not saying printing is a good or bad thing,but it happens.

16. OldGnome

OldGnome Just an Old Gnome

Care? Yes.

Worry? No.

RevV likes this.
  17. Defendandprotect32

Chicago
    If I can expand on this subject a bit.I am now in the habit of carrying pretty much wherever I go and feel kinda naked if I'm not.I know a few people and have a modest social life.sometimes printing a bit,sometimes not,I have to give a bit of thought if I will leave my pistol in the glove box when visiting family or friends.any thoughts.

18. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    My wardrobe and gear conceal very well. When talking to customers about holster and carry options just about everyone commented that they had no idea I was carrying a gun.
    So I don’t really need to think about it. It’s same as getting dressed.
    I loathe leaving my gun in my vehicle, even with locking compartments. I only take off when going in to a Dr.’s appointment, military installation or courthouse.

RevV, Paco and Southlake like this.
  19. stokes

stokes Active Member

I never have and never will leave a gun in the glove box in my car.If its not on my hip or close at hand,they get locked in my safe.

Paco and elk creek like this.
  20. Paco

Paco Member

I do my best to avoid printing, for the simple reason that should someone recognize what it is, they might (unnecessarily, of course) become anxious. I live in a blue-ish metro area of a generally red constitutional carry state, but advertising one is carrying seems to me like a generally undesirable state of affairs. That said, I don’t stay up late worrying about it.

RevV and Danzig like this.